Hoker Trucking - Dixon, IA; Aggressive Boss that will not listen.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BadAz79, Aug 28, 2014.

1. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I find it fascinating that someone would resurrect a 3.5 year old thread just to say "I was treated with disrespect and like a number". Almost not worth the effort.

Lonesome and Pedigreed Bulldog Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    A phone call to Iowa's Labor related to Motor Carrier Enforcement will take care of all that.
    |
    That will make you what is called a whistle blower. A team from Iowa at the state level will arrive and go through the entire company. Maybe even the Federal DOT man might show up because it also involves uncle sam.

You will possibly be paid a percentage of whatever is recovered in the way of illegal profits. Possibly.

The company will be told that they will need to comply with a rather tall stack of fixit stuff. And add new stuff that will pretty much either put them out of business for good or they will comply and be a better company One or the other. There is no in between.

You on the other hand. If you have family and such you might very carefully consider moving permanently. Go far away somewhere document anything as you go. You will have made a enemy at this point. If it is a stupid enemy as it were, that person will harrass you with phone calls, texts etc. Whatever you do. DO NOT RESPOND BACK. DOCUMENT everything and turn it over to the Law under the situation that is with the State of Iowa VS your former company. It will get taken care of.

The best thing in my mind is to simply shake the dirt of the bad company off your boots, and get moving with a better outfit.

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT in real life about that bad old company., You already announced to the world about this outfit as many before you have done. Just keep in mind that theoratically it is possible for that old boss to read that post, then get together lawyers, summons your ISP for the origin IP and then find out who is assigned that IP ( YOU the Bill Payer of internet service...) and then sue you for defamation, slander and a whole host of other problems.

Remember that Ordinary people cannot get access to IP, it is strictly a Law Enforcement process as part of a potential prosecution against a offender who may have used the Internet in some form of do some form of damage to another. ALL computers in the world have a IP. At some point it will be discovered and the investigator will go from there.

Im sorry you had a bad time. But it's over. Done. Water under the bridge. You could sue to get your wages back, but it might cost you more than it's worth. So it's gone.

Just remember one little Phone call from yourself to the right people within the State Agencies will get things going and how.

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You put a lot of effort into replying to a 4 year old thread by a member who hasn't logged in in 3 years.

x1Heavy, 4mer trucker and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Then there needs to be change made on dates of threads etc.

I did not bring the thread back to life, when I visit TTR, there is group of living threads near the top of the page I see with a range of topics and here was this thread.

I don't care how old this or any thread is anymore. It can be Moses 2000 years ago complaining about the Pharaoh I'll write something for sure.

If there is going to be a sort of a lion pit about old threads being brought to life, I would for one not be a part of it. The People that own and maintain these forums made a decision long ago to leave dead threads as they are without any kind of archiving or cemetary work for them so that anyone doing searching for something that might exist 30 years ago or whatever might be able to resurrect the dead thread.

And here we are. Again. AND it's going to happen again and again. If not from me it will be from someone else. Or a bunch of someones.

I think at some point a small change in coding of some type that warns of a dead thread over a certain age to anyone who wants to resurrect it similar to a spam-like content warning or a common timer warning when posting too many times too fast in terms of seconds (That happens once in a while because I have a pretty powerful computer and a decent connection. The sever occasionally limits me for a time so I have a stop watch next to the keyboard in one of the macro keys.)

It should not be too difficult to add a new black and red warning that a certain thread has been of a certain age and had one post say today since it was debated 4 years ago. A poster like me will see that warning and understand the whole thing is potentially a waste of my time, and that of everyone's time including those who decide to kindly post reminders about how old a thread is already. Which snowballs into other problems.

Until a new change is coded into for the purpose to indicate dead threads older than a certain amount of time to anyone who happened to search and dig it up that far back and want to type in something that will be a situation that will continue. It wont be the first time or the last time.

The other solution most Forums online maintain a archive or closed cemetery. Threads after say 3 years simply expire and go from active posting into the cemetery with a lock automatically. Because generally it's been long enough that whatever the problem was such as this bad company complaint would have resolved itself in some way a long time ago.

If I have to sit for a extra 5 minutes checking dates and times of thread creation and then go to the one poster who brought it back to life for one reason or another, I might as well not bother with any of this. Because many will post similar reactions, hey bud this is a dead thread.

One of these days this "Bud" will be a dead one and it will be someone else who brings up a dead thread. I can go on even more but I think that's enough for tonight.

6. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    If I had to guess, your one of the guys that likes to hear himself talk.
    Geez,talk a mile a minute and not say a #### thing.

Lonesome, x1Heavy and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    @x1Heavy do you have it in you to have less of an essay in your replies lol

Lonesome, x1Heavy and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Actually ten miles a minute. And I don't hear myself talk being deaf.

I have to convert English System from Galludet and LeClerc that were considered a State Secret in it's complete Language. These two came to America and set up shop in the old Hessian Barracks among other locations to teach Deaf Americans how to learn ABC then Numbers then Time then Money, the Federal Government system replicating through the State, County and Local as well as International law of the Sea including where necessary information on who we are at war or peace with and why.

Then the language provided for freedom through education. It is a living language that requires a enormous amount of time, space and a complete and total communication using facial expression, body language and where possible past, present and future combined with a Antagonist, Protagonist and a selected Neutral ground. Eventually you have the entire situation literally as far as the eye can see and where necessary your own language flaws were made straight and if there are problems with my own then others such as yourself will speak up.

I spent 4 years with the deaf in Maryland, strictly no spoken anything until a speech therapist was brought in 4 after noons a week, two hours per afternoon for almost 5 years. When the program was deemed a success and I had spoken english there was never enough time in all the world to get those clumsy sentences out or anyone willing to sit long enough to get the entire story as it were.

What the State did next was stick me into early elememtry school, 4th grade equvilant, I was already operating at bout 6 to 7th grade at that time and had to chafe against teachers who refuses to go beyond basic lessons already absorbed years ago. In 9th grade we had left middle school behind and into my freshmen school at a very large high school with 2000 students. Most of these were hard working farm kids whose only goal is to drink and get laid when out of class if they havent already in the then designated smoking areas. Sports was another challenge. I earned myself a place by taking on anyone who wanted to fight. (That would come in handly during trucking related fights years later...)

Despite all that, there was no education anywhere, No communication, no learning. no nothing. If anyone had anything to say it's usually a negative thing. If you are going to say something negative, you can at least balance it out with something very positive.

Last night when I write my last post I already indicated I am aware people will come on during the coming hours of the new day and write to me about my way of dealing with communicating. And here we are.

The first one from you goes into the ignore list when is a place provided by our Kindly Forum Masters who understand that sometimes we have disagreements or possib;y feelings too difficult to work out in public with each other without totally detailing or destroying a thread or worse causing a sort of some serious problems among several people which is not necessary and needlessly wastes everyone's time. essentially a popcorn related enter tainment brought on with eventual descent into the same old tired worn out insults and counter strikes back and forth. This is not a quality behavior. When you do not have much time as I don't you very carefully exclude those who are too heavy on your 18 wheeler and discard the deadweight from anyone else..

It is absolutely a two way street. Many times I reminded YOU and I also Reminded roughly 50 others or so that THEY TOO have a ignore list. Click on my name and select Ignore in the popup box. And click me out of your life here for good.

Once in a while there has been a few people whom I have had a misunderstanding with and taken them off that list and continue on participating with them where useful in certain topics

I do not watch threads, I do carefully review qoutes, mentions or posts etc. And carefully take all that into account.

But I cannot change who I am, what I was taught in language. When I am building a story like a old 1952 Little Red Caboose to a little children in Church to pass the time until parents come pick them up I tell them about how happy the little Caboose is working as part of his Blackengine, the various cars and so on in the story during a run. At some point there was a problem with a disconnect and the red caboose got lonely and spent a difficult night up on a strange mountain. It took a number of other people in their situations in the story to restore the little red caboose to the proper place on his assigned train.

But I cannot tell them the story without that original book in hands showing them the actual pages and pictures and so on. All of which tell you a story exactly as the author intended. I almost have that one memorized and still have that book.

That is for the english speaking group of kids only. It does not take very much for them to hurry up and get to the end of the story, You can almost twitter it in a few minutes or 20 minutes at most to amuse people online who cannot be bothered to sit a minute with a very big cup of coffee and read.

If you took a bunch of deaf people and had the book in front of you as a assist in making sure everything is present, when you employ sign language properly it literally becomes a sort of a living stage production to a deaf audience. Your words, language of face, body language of hurry or slow or waiting and combined with time. Time never stops. You also include every single object, terrain, track condition, tunnel situation and engine;s own thoughts and behaviors along with every single charactor in the story including humans as written.

The resulting story telling in either Galludet's American English, or the Stand Alone "American Sign Language" which is a unique language like say German, Chinese (Most especially the syntax form) and a number of other sections that is useful taken from all testings languages in the world. and it will turn into a complete 3 Act Play of Hamlet with potentially thousands of lines spoken about every single object, person and environment in the game including weather, emotions etc. In short a complete world onto itself.

Because it is a living language you are going to spend a little time correcting, teaching new words and so on, so that ANY deaf can be easily having fun with this train story as a example. If any in the deaf group happened to be from Israeli, African, Soviet or any place in the world at all the use of the foundation Alphabet, ABC and Numbers (Which dates to Arabic numbers and certain other things as we evolved into a written civilization as a people thousands upon thousands of years ago) you can tell this story to them and learn certain words for their benefit as you go. If I was to say Yalla, that means Come on in Israeli. Or Nein in German that means No. Or Pogodi in Russian, that means HOLD IT.

Small things.

Asking me for short brevity or otherwise very small sentences or what have you does not work with me.,

IF I did not have always tried to be respectully listening, reading, considering carefully in the best possibe benefit to you asking me to do something outrageous... if I did not care to be diplomatic, I would asnswer you crudly and essentially say WTF is this and the contents of the second sentence more than likley will at a minimum get a thread ban. Which in this forum means the conversation is over. Now. IF I wanted to be a monster and take you into the party row and give you a hard time, I would be banned and all the People will spend weeks rejoicing that I am finally gone.

I rather not go away just yet. I have spent sometime this morning explaining to you why it's very difficult to be short. In fact, when I am actually typing one or two short sentances in form of a question that is penetrating seeking one particular answer yes or no... the smart ones flee for the hills for there may be a storm.

Sometimes when theres stormy weather on my end I'll just not post anything or visit until my mind is safe, correct and able to be nice and communicate again without trouble. It's the same as a professional having to get out of that 18 wheeler for a while because he or she has had enough of the traffic, storm or bad things to the point of not being safe mentally. The stupid ones do not know this trick and blather on until they are tossed, thread banned or actually banned banned and that's that. and then forgotten.

I said enough for this morning here. This is my last posting on this thread so it does not matter to me if one or 50 more people post anything here. It's over with, done. water under the bridge and I'm moving on to hopefully nicer things and more fun things like helping a trainee how to find a bucket of airline gas. =)

nikmirbre and gentleroger Thank this.
  9. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I get what you're saying, but at the same time the post date/time is at the bottom of each post.

REO6205 Thanks this.
  10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I admire your patience.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Obviously. Ever consider starting your own forum?

snowlauncher and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.