Holiday Express, Estherville, IA?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Wheat Light, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    Anyone know anything about Holiday Express out of Estherville, IA? I know from living in Estherville for a short while they have nice equipment and a nice facility, but that doesn't mean a whole lot sometimes. I haven't found any other posts on here about them so maybe that's a good thing. Their website doesn't say much but it does say they have about 100 company trucks and several owner-operators.

If anyone knows anything about them please post it here. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ops85

Ops85 Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Madrid,IA
    they haul hormel foods refers

4. Wheat Light

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    I've seen their trucks around and I used to live in Estherville for a while so I know they are all reefer. I looked at their website again and it said they have 100 employees, not 100 drivers. They have several O/O's and 90 trailers in total so I don't know how many trucks they actually have. Smaller company would probably make for a better atmosphere.

I do know they have been around a long time hauling produce and stuff from the west coast. Seems like they are a pretty stable company.

Does ANYONE have any personal experience with these guys? I can't find out anything about them.

5. Wheat Light

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    Still nothing on here? Oh well that might say something about them if no one can think of any bad to say! Maybe someone will show up on here who used to work for them or know someone who did.

Thanks!

6. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    A good friend of mine used to be leased to them. He was with them for 13 years. He left there two years ago. I know the one thing that I don't like about them is you run a certain region only. Meaning from Iowa to the northeast and back, or the southeast and back, Chicago and back, and westcoast and back.

He ran the northeast and back, when the freight out there went to crap a few years ago he was bouncing back to northern Indiana and Chicago from NYC to get home. That is why he left them. Otherwise he really never had any complaints with them.

7. Ammocj

Ammocj Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2005
    South Dakota
    I worked for them my 1st 2 years of driving after 20 years in the Air Force.
    They were great to me, as a company driver.
    They are small enough they know their employees.
    They had a great progra running out of Rapid City where you'd run a week on and a week off, sharing a truck with another driver. You could easily run full time if you desire as I did that for a while too.
    They always kept me busy. Of course once in a while I'd have to wait for a return load but usually not more than a day and they would pay me if I sat 24 hours.
    They run great equipment. Once your truck hits 500k they call you and tell you to baby it as they are going to trade it in soon.
    Their fuel and safety bonuses are easily obtainable and if you can drive 64mph there was an additional bonus.
    Their trucks used to run 72mph but I'll bet that has changed by now.

If I go back OTR I will be talking to Janet at Holiday 1st.
    Al

8. Cutty1107

Cutty1107 Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Bump....

Any new updates on holiday? Sound like a solid company...

9. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    I've run a few loads for them, pretty good to deal with from what I've seen...

10. Cutty1107

Cutty1107 Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yea I've talked to them, just wanna get some driver input ya know.. don't run into them to often, especially with 72 trucks...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.