Holiday Monday are most shippers closed?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Elroythekid, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Been sitting since Wednesday noon in NC, no loads back to Canada, just figured out Monday is a holiday here. Are shippers all closed for Presidents day?
    My option is dead head back to Nova Scotia.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    No …most should be open..not many close for that holiday that i know of

86scotty, CAXPT and Elroythekid Thank this.
  4. Hawkeye72

Hawkeye72 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Iowa
    Banks and Government offices will be closed. Most everything else will be open.

CAXPT and Elroythekid Thank this.
  5. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Thanks, trying to decide to bounce or stay. I can go back and get a good paying steel load coming right back down tuesday. Long dead head tho, but I'm getting stir crazy sitting here eating my face off.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  6. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Depending on where you are in NC, you could bounce to Darlington, SC to get a load of steel out of there. Also, there are two Nucor plants in NC you could hit up. Now, what you're willing to run for, would be a different matter. :)

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    I didn’t think this was much of a holiday either other than governmental but after talking to my broker for a couple hours this afternoon about loading Monday seems like half of the north east is closed on Monday so I’m not sure about down where you are

CAXPT and Elroythekid Thank this.
  8. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Thanks folks, I'm leaning towards bouncing. Hard decision. Been here since Wednesday.
    I dont book my loads or have access to the load boards. They say there was nothing moving this week, they found one load, tarped to montreal for $2200 gross that went to the truck that was in front of me. Company truck.
    Then a $2200 gross to toronto, that ended up needed 53ft trailer, for 50ft pics, I have a 48, before I could find out if I could over hang 2ft of it, she said it was gone. I didnt really want it, it was 3 hrs in the wrong direction, ( I'm in Mebane, ) and then to toronto, I get 74%.
    Last 3 loads down here were like that, I dont think I'll come down again. I'd rather do moulding in the roll tite for less money, and be consistantly busy than sitting like this.
    It's just getting my head around bouncing home AGAIN mty. 3rd time In 6 months. Or....Wait til monday or tuesday, and get another $2200 special, and make crap.
    Sorry for the rambling but I'm, for some reason, having a hard time making this decision. I hate bleeding cash.

CAXPT and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    The loads have to be for canada is the problem. I'm sure they were looking at those places for anything they could find.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  10. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Is there somewhere on the way home your company’s got better freight like further up north just to mitigate some of the cost

CAXPT Thanks this.
  11. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    What holiday is it?

CAXPT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.