Holland Enterprises-Fargo,ND

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by twowolves, Dec 4, 2010.

1. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    I had applied a few months ago and had scheduled orientation, but then the domestic situation changed (kids), so wife could not go along which was the whole reason for applying at Holland... Bummer, but I had to tell Denzil we could not be free to OTR until June '14....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucail

Trucail Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I have a 13, that I got new, every driver hates these and they will all have them shortly. They are bad and I read one just caused an accident in Denver. I think we'll be hearing that more and more.

4. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    If you just don't use the cruise control it won't brake automatically like that. I just don't use cruise anymore. Not so much because of the braking, but it will slow me down when someone 700-1000 feet in front of me is going slower. It's kind of hard to get around slower trucks like that.

5. Trucail

Oct 27, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I wont stop using cruise, it's great for mileage, and I wish more people used it they can't stay a steady speed if their life depended on it. Fortunately OTR means a lot of open road. It's just really annoying when it happens. It is dangerous, that's a fact. I heard that on the 14's it's better. We'll see I guess.

6. jack5

jack5 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2005
    garland,tx

Holland is going to 13 speeds? That was my favorite transmission. I never cared much for a 10 speed. Especially for a super 10. They were one of the simplest type of transmissions imo.

7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I think he meant he had a 2013 truck.

8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    When I worked there I took a piece of cardboard, wrapped it in tin foil and then duck taped the whole thing. I then inserted it in front of the On Guard sensor on the front bumper and it shut the system down and the little dash device turned red. I then found a way to reset the cruise control using the on and off switch and away I went. I will never drive another truck with On Guard again. If the company I am working for buys them I will resign.

Trucail Thanks this.
  9. Trucail

Oct 27, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    2013, I wish they were 13 speeds!!! That's the only way to pull hills, I hate these choked trucks with heavy loads.

10. TexTrucker

TexTrucker Medium Load Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I've been at Holland since December and so far, very happy here. Most of my loads are 1400+. No issues with office or dispatch. In fact quite the opposite. Driving a 2014 Cascadia that came with an apu fridge and inverter. My full sized dog is my copilot. I've yet to talk to an unhappy driver. The guy who started this thread sounds like his mma girlfriend has used him for practice one too many times.. I'm sorry but you are not going to find a company without at least one disgruntled employee.

As far as Onguard goes, it certainly takes getting used to. I've learned to turn off the cruise when approaching any congestion, which is a good idea anyways. It does flash red at some bridges, and have to keep it clean, but no ghost braking as of yet for me.

I read this entire thread and have to make a correction. They do have a referral program.

The comments about this being a bad company thread and we shouldn't be posting positive things in it is ludicrous. We have the right to defend the brand we drive for.

I like it here. If anyone has any questions about the company, be happy to answer.

skibum_63 and Weeble Kneeble Thank this.
  11. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Well said. Been here 2.5 years, after my second year anniversary, I got a note from the office saying the medical part of my insurance would be fully covered by the company, as a Thank You for my dedication to the company. :) That's like a $200.00 per month raise.

Weeble Kneeble Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.