Holland Enterprises-Fargo,ND

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by twowolves, Dec 4, 2010.

1. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    TV, and receiver is provided. XM radio also,( we can pay for the extra programming on xm, so we can have it on our phone, ) no charge to the driver. For tv and receiver, that take out 200.00 and place it in escrow, which you get back if you leave and leave it in good condition.
    24 in flat screen mounted at the foot of the bed.

Now have the Cascadia Evolution. 10 speed auto trans. I'm still in a standard, so don't have any experience with the auto shift.

They prefer you take home time at home, but are willing to work with you. 2 days off for every two weeks out. You will see coast to coast runs, but at the same time , there are shorter runs.
    Of late, freight nation wide is down, we have seeing alot of brokered freight. Depending on which broker they go with, you can be micromanaged to death by the broker. I just ignore them. I tell them my company trusts me enough, that they don't require check calls .
    When i started 5 years ago, starting wage for me was 36.5 , with a half cent raise every 6 months.
    Not sure of starting wage now, but they do take in account of your experience.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tanker1045

tanker1045 Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Buffalo, NY
    Told me .38 cpm but with bonuses would be like 41 to 45cpm. It's all on what you are looking for.

4. lostheart

lostheart Light Load Member

Bud you sound like a job hopper, #### got to give them a chance and if you call Butler good you have not been playing this game very long.

CosmoK12 Thanks this.
  5. lostheart

I thought I found the closest thing to perfect that a company could come to. Had some new hires come out where we smoke and we another driver and myself were talking, it came up in our conversation we were wondering why they were hiring so many new drivers when they did not have the miles for the drivers they had. Make a long story short a woman who we thought was part of a team( found out next
    day all she did was ride), went crying to requiting manager that they were going to leave because they were hearing miles were low....Anyway I being a so-called senior driver got my ### chewed on by being honest, actually told our ops manager that if drivers really wanted the truth we talked to other drivers not management.

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  6. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Nd to the east cost is good miles.

7. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    maybe he is drunk?

8. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    i sure would love to read the common sense manual that says when you are in a 4000 pound vehicle that you should cut off a 80000 pound vehicle just to gain 30 feet in a traffic jam?

CosmoK12 and free spirited1 Thank this.
  9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    It's not a game.

10. lostheart

Sorry White Dog did not mean to get feathers in a ruffle but I have been behind the wheel of these things since 1995, and yes it a game we play safely at that way everyone goes home in 1 piece.....Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets youo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::(;)

11. Driver Eight

Driver Eight Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Apologize for asking basic questions on page 30, but trying to avoid scrolling through 30 pages. Do they allow dogs, and how big? Do they have driver facing cameras? Thanks so much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.