Holland Enterprises IS worth considering

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by U.S. Otriad, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Tonyb1033

Tonyb1033 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Yuma, Az
    I'm starting there Jan 2nd, just had my physical in March, and Magi said they have to do a new one anyway. Good thing though is that I can do the physical and drug screen while I'm home.

smokey12 and stevep1977 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    That mid west dispatcher, was it Nancy?

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Yes

6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Let us know how it all goes..good luck!!

7. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    More and more Prime trucks keep showing up at our shippers .

8. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I wouldn't worry about that, unless CR England and Swift starts showing up.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I have not necessarily noticed this but will take it on advisement. Bigger problem I see currently with Holland is "growing pains". They may have recently gone over a threshold and I'll just leave it at that.

gpf87 Thanks this.
  10. ronvicki6653

ronvicki6653 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV
    Been with Company six months now. I'm happy with them. My only beaf is with the drivers themselves when it comes to home call. I've swapped approx. six times now for drivers going home or myself going home. Five out of six have been driver attitudes at swaps. Four were attitudes of drivers going home. Really! fellow drivers, let's lose the attitudes. Especially if someone is trying to help you get home. Treat people how you want to be treated. Holland itself has been very good at Home Calls and overall. My third Company since my start in this Industry in 1996. Love the long trip averages. The only thing I miss is manual shift trucks. They are safer on snow and ice. From a Fulda Gap, Cold War soldier.

Vic Firth and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I may only do 3-4 swaps a year here at Holland. But I know what you mean. I go home typically 4 times a year, but usually run home empty from from Dallas area. This time, they had a driver down in Houston who could not get to Garland in time to pick up an Atlanta load so I picked it up and went home (Longview) to meet him the next morning.

We agreed on 10:00 Saturday morning [so he can get my load and leave his empty] so I leave home and arrive at the truck stop at 9:45. Well 10:45 comes, and I call him to see where he is, and it turns out he's going about 50 miles out of the way (he's running from Houston to a Kilgore I-20 truck stop via Marshall) and is still running way late to boot.

So,
    1. he can't read map
    2. he won't let a GPS work for him
    3. he won't call to say he's running late
    4. he can't admit maybe he made a routing mistake
    Anyway, I ask him why he's going that way, and that I would have appreciated a call to let me know he's going to be almost 2 hours late. Then he proceeds to give me some attitude. I hang up and call in to let the company know I'm going home to get my stuff and I'll run the load to Atlanta and go home later. And they can advise him where to go to wait for Monday reload. Office calls me 10 minutes and says he'll be there.

Being on time is a pet peeve of mine, that works both ways. I expect if from myself and I expect it from others.

jeff18, Speed_Drums, Rugerfan and 4 others Thank this.
  12. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    The fact is this. Holland enterprises has newer trucks, trailers, equipment, etc...they seem like a reputable company considering their presence.

Sounds like a series of unfortunate events that has resulted in your outcome.

13. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Holland enterprises has a presence in the trucking industry. Newer trucks, trailers, techs, office, etc....hard to believe a lot of stories here but everything taken lightly from both sides.

It sounds like you had a series of unfortunate events that has led to your outcome.

• Truckers Report Jobs