Holland FWS1 5th wheel adjustment

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by bonous, Jun 14, 2017.

1. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Hello friends,
    I'm trying to adjust a play in my holland FWS1 fifth wheel and I need some help. I watched many vids on YouTube where you remove the adjusting screw then turn the adjuster counter clockwise to the next hole then put screw back in. The problem is on the FWS1 I cleaned the grease off the adjuster but I don't see any screw to remove in order to move the adjuster. There are numbers 1 thru 4 with an arrow on the plate. Does anyone knows where the screw is to adjust this Holland FWS1 fifth wheel? Thanks in advance for any helpful info!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Volvo8873

Volvo8873 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Western Wisconsin
    Do you have a pic perhaps? I have the same top plate.

4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    so with 5th wheel locked and no trailer on the passager side right next to the hole where the trailer pin goes clean the grease and there is a pin sticking in about 1.5 inches in diameter with teeth you can see from top look underneath top plate there is a cotter pin holding this in remove the cotter pin lift up the big pin and move one to two turns right push pin back in and install cotter pin and try. if this is already in max position needs to be rebuilt not so hard to do just need to replace jaw and pin and probably will not even need to remove 5th wheel you can do from the bottom

KB3MMX and bonous Thank this.
  5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    look at a pin of 5th wheel thru google and you will know exactly what pin i am talking about it has number marked on the top plate probably not able to see because of grease and trailers sliding off and on

bonous Thanks this.
  6. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    !
    I will when I get home and post back. Thanks

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Thanks Nas! you are right on point. I locked the 5th wheel and raised the back end a little bit and removed the locking pin, then turn it anti clockwise to the next number and it's all good now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.