holy crap! sittting across the table from sad panda!

Discussion in 'Knight' started by 3.14, Mar 17, 2010.

1. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    it's a true story! he's a total richard. for realz! :biggrin_25522:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
  4. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
  5. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    OMG! They FINALLY put a shower in that dump? Or just a garden hose and soap on a rope?

Dna Mach and JimDriv3r Thank this.
  6. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    yeah, there's an *actual* shower in that place, and a shop that has been pretty much built. now they need to hire "mechanics" to work for minimum wage.

JimDriv3r and Dna Mach Thank this.
  7. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Isn't that cute? Dave's reminiscing about the good old days!:biggrin_25512:
    :hal

25(2)+2 and truckerdave1970 Thank this.
  8. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

I feel like I spent 1/2 my trucking life at the Fontana yard! Boy, how I hated that place. So now a shop, more stress on limited parking?! Or did they finally get rid of all those other trucking outfits renting spaces (at one time up to 21 other co.s), with overnight Knights jammed in like sardines in a can (and NEVER an MT)?? Still only 1 commode and only 1 urinal and no soap in the Men's restroom?! Yeah, just thinking about those 'good ole days' made me throw up in my mouth....gag!!:biggrin_25521:

9. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    How long was your sentence at Knight? They let me go after 11 months because of bad behavior. ( I made the shipping person at Nestle in Dekalb, IL very upset )

10. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

5 yrs, all as Express driver. But I joined when things were just starting to go down hill (Dec 2003) and left almost 2 yrs ago. Went thru around 15 DM's during that time, and couldnt believe that things could get any worse til I read about E-logs and charging for sitting on MT's recently! Wonder if that latter also applies to those dedicated drivers parking under MT's at Fontana with 'Red Locks' on their trailers over the weekends?!!

They just started inspecting incoming rigs at Phx when I saw the handwriting on the wall and left...I did my best to avoid parking at the Phx yard while driving, except when launching out and would purposely return at night to avoid the hassles.:biggrin_255:

11. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    i, too, go into phoenix during the overnight hours just to avoid the hassles of going through the inspection lane. whenever i'm in the fontana area, my phone gets bombed with calls from the so-cal division idiots. it's not my fault i do my job and find an empty trailer within this crappy area after dropping one elsewhere, or have one after a live unload. they basically have a driver drop a load and then try banking on getting a driver to drop theirs so their driver can get moving. FECK that! perhaps they should stick their own so-cal division driver on a local and/or have the local drivers shuttle empties from one customer to another.

i just got put on safety hold for being logged out of the e-log system for longer than a week. i do believe my time at this company is coming to an end.

as for sad panda, many LULZ were had. the dude is one funny mofo!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.