Home Depot pro account

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Mikemax1961, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Mikemax1961

Mikemax1961 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I am with JB HuntDoing Toyota account. Was offered Home Depot pro account 5 minutes from my house. Has anyone done it before or have feedback on this account. Looking for answers before giving my answer to except .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I was with Home Depot through FFE and two other companies in my time.

One answer. No. Last time in Ct at the HD there (Milldale I believe) million dollar store. Delivered annuals to the garden center.

Too many cars flowing in to the lot. No staff around (Saturday day time) Manager could not be bothered to deploy staff. Attempted a U turn against wall of store other side of property. Overhang of trailer destroyed and damaged about 16000 dollars worth of box trailers tied together. IF they were not tied together one would have been knocked over hill only. Unfortunately all were tied together and all went over 30 foot drop.

It was a very big deal rest of day with entire staff from Manager on down outside. With orders to return the next day (Sunday.)

Sunday Manager was outside with 20 people to corrall the cars away from me finishing delivery to the garden center.

If he was only bothered to come out with 20 people the previous day.... nothing bad would have happened.

I make sure to this very day I never spend a dime in home depot or deliver there or anything. They do not exist anymore. The big box chain lumber stores etc has managed to finally destruct three individual small business mom and pop hardware stores that were very good in this area. It only took then 20 years to do it. Death by Chain Store. So Lowes is the one that gets my trucking deliveries and money when I need something.

5. Mikemax1961

Jul 25, 2012
    Yes

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Most of the dedicated stuff (like the lumber we’d haul from the DC to the stores) delivers at night when the store is closed or in the morning before they open.

7. Mikemax1961

Jul 25, 2012
    Ok. I was looking at a position that based me out of the store and delivered to people's home.

8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Ok, I know nothing about how those work.

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Personally, I would not do that job. No one worse to deal with than a typical home owner. " All that plywood and lumber goes in the back yard, but I want no vehicles on my grass" type of thing.

10. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    I'm actually doing that job. We dealt with mostly contractor building houses or remodeling houses. Home owner don't usually wanna spend the money to get their stuff in a semi. But when they do, it's either on the driveway or we have to take it back to the store.

The job require a stiff backbone, it's no customer service job, we say NO all the time and either they take it on the driveway or where we can safety put it or we bring it back.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. Mikemax1961

Jul 25, 2012
    I was told curbside delivery only. Don't know how true this is. Home depot rep said if forklift gets stuck in back yard, home owners or contractors are going to argue when they are given the bill for a tow truck pull out.

12. Mikemax1961

Jul 25, 2012
    W.H.O are you doing Home Depot?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.