Homeowner's property damaged by truckers... twice

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Lepton1, May 20, 2014.

1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Trying to access the Naval yard, truckers are going through a residential neighborhood, taking a turn a 53' trailer can't make, then running away in hit and runs...

https://screen.yahoo.com/popular/oxnard-couple-says-big-rigs-060000894.html

... both drivers, if they are watching the mirror AT ALL would KNOW they can't make the corner. Yet they plow right over the sign, a fence, a deck, and brick column. To compound the brain fart they take off. Both truckers were caught.

Sorry folks, can't be dumping on the mega carrier trainees with either of these truckers...

bzinger, tucker, Gulf and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    I'm glad they were caught. What kind
    of people do damage like that and
    leave the scene. Pretty chicken xxxx.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. freightrunner

freightrunner Heavy Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Georgia
    I'd get some ply-wood and put a lot of nails in it and place it on the corner of my yard.

Marksteven Thanks this.
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Heck, I'd install one of those metal posts that will catch on the rear tandem.

Bottom line though, as noted in the story and requested by the neighborhood, is to INSTALL ROAD SIGNS THAT CLEARLY INDICATE THERE IS NO ACCESS TO THE NAVAL YARD THROUGH THE NEIGHBORHOOD. It seems to me that many of the difficulties that trucker's have in situations like this starts with poor or nonexistent signage.

SHO-TYME Thanks this.
  6. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    I applaud these drivers….because in this day and age, it’s all about the bottom dollar. We all need to cut corners where we can.

Lepton1, Mr Ed, joseph1135 and 4 others Thank this.
  7. 70s_driver

70s_driver Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    Bet GPS was involved? Looks like the city would have done something after the first time it happened? I sure don't blame the homeowner for being upset. Probably be hard for those two to get back in a truck since they were arrested. Drivers need to watch about stuff like that. Even though it might seem a minor accident, it can do Major Major Damage to your driving career. Negotiate All turns slowly and safely and pay attention to where that trailer is at. Last but not least, if you do something like that, make sure you stop and talk to the people. Leaving the scene of an accident (which Im sure that's what they were charged with) on your record will most probably kill any chances you have of getting another job driving a truck, at least until it comes off of your record.

Lepton1 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  8. gpsman

gpsman Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2013
    45212/59759
    Then let us assume they're rookies...

9. gpsman

gpsman Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2013
    45212/59759
    Then someone's dog would step on it, and cops would show up to beat you about the head and shoulders... if you're lucky.

If not, they may imagine you have a gun in your hand, order you to drop it, and when you say "Huh? I don't have any... "BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG, you're dead.

10. 70s_driver

70s_driver Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    I don't know if they were rookies or not but they were sure lucky the guy didn't have a gas grill sitting on that corner!LOL

11. freightrunner

freightrunner Heavy Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Georgia
    I did say my yard...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.