Hometime Parking lot mess. Truck held by lot owner.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by VIDEODROME, Sep 4, 2019.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

Depends on the company. Some will, some won't. But I wouldn't give them the chance to not pay. Take a week off, and notify them of your departure after you've collected your vacation money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Take the week off and get your twic, hazmat and replacement job, then go back and give notice. Negotiate with them on truck return. Tell em you'll train the incoming replacement driver on your routes, if they find one fast enough. This way you can get dropped off somewhere thats more convenient for you than just the trucks terminal.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Many tanker outfits pay you to get Hazmat and TWIC. They also have all the training you need get a hold of them

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Reason for edit: spelling
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. jeff614

jeff614 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2009
    northern va
    Yikes, arrangements to park at a tow company’s yard... my feelings for you bro...

I work for a tow company. We have 1 large yard where we used to do this and as possibly happened to you, the company quit paying. Ended up being an accounting mistake but huge pain for the drivers. The heavy wrecker across the gate, looks like a Century 75 ton, good ol standard procedure (amazing what folks will do to gates).

Hopefully they didn’t give you any grief accessing the truck. Personal belongings should be accessible anytime by law in most states.

Hope all works out for you, happy thanksgiving,
    Jeff

6. DolphinDriver5664

DolphinDriver5664 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2020
    My brother-in-law has one that is a 2018 and the note on it is $8400 a month for 10 years.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.