Hopefully, Big Brother has pink eye! Companies without qualcomm or e-logs

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Big_Perv93, May 16, 2011.

1. Big_Perv93

Big_Perv93 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    A lot of what I'm reading about in these posts, are of companies that have qualcomm's and e-logs. Are their any good companies out there, that believe in letting a driver drive, without a tap on the shoulder and a clearing of the throat :smt075 ........ from Big brother?

2. Big_Perv93

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    I guess what Iam asking is what are some good companies that don't use qualcomm or e-logs?

3. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Wellsboro Pa, Lakeland Fl
    Big Brother has them all running skeered. Big Brother has them by the short hairs now. It's reality and we gotta face it. There are a few outfits around that are still hanging on, but over the next few years, the tap on the shoulder will be a constant in the trucking industry.

fancypants Thanks this.
  4. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Nothing wrong with elogs, except they represent change.

I tell my DM I am out of hours it is right in his face. I hand my Qualcom to the law most times he hands it back and waves me on. My dispatches all have realistic delivery times,because the disparchers/planners can't force me to violate.

Granted I cannot willfully violate HOS, but you won't see my truck rolled in a ditch because. I was to tired to drive.

5. Big_Perv93

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    Just because I want a company that doesn't have e-logs or qualcomm means I am going to be runing 20 hours out of the day. I just get sick of the stupid stuff like if you are in walcott, Iowa 80 and a few friends are having a bbq on a certain row. I dont want to have to restart my 10 hour break just cause i move my truck over on another row or god forbid i want to go to walmart in denver and logging it would be stupid because its 8 blocks down the road. If you don't know how to tell your Dm that you won't run over your hours you need help. Having e-logs doesn't mean that you are going to be well rested and not roll your truck in a ditch. I am not pointing fingers celtic but, that just being naive.

trucker_101 Thanks this.
  6. Big_Perv93

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    I lied. I was pointing fingers.

7. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Big_Perv93 sounds like a handle you'd find on Adult Friend Finder! LMAO

8. Big_Perv93

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    I am an honorary lifetime member there among others.:biggrin_25525:

Last edited: May 20, 2011
    U4EA Thanks this.
  9. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

bigperv, i can move my truck right at a mile, at no speed limit, i go .7, shut it off for 15 seconds, fire it right back up. I cant go to walmart, but I can circle the ts parking lot if i need to during my break, scale, or bump the dock and then go park when done.

10. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm surprised a technologically savvy driver hasn't figured a way to beat the "electronic leash" yet <cough>...

• Draft saved Draft deleted