Hopefully, Big Brother has pink eye! Companies without qualcomm or e-logs

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Big_Perv93, May 16, 2011.

1. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I've thought of a few ways, but I'm not going to test it out. If your company sets up a geofence around a location you can drive in a circle all day if you want.

Ok now my last random thought, elogs don't stop you from violating the HOS they just make it harder to hide.

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big_Perv93

Big_Perv93 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    hey jeepintrucker that is stupid as all get out that you would have to do that. we shouldn't have to do something that dumb. heck screw the parking lot go from jersey to los angeles doing that every .7/mile youll never be out of hours.:biggrin_25523:

4. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Awww come on, test out your theories! Where would we be if the computer hackers from MIT during the 80's said "I've though of a few ways, but I'm not going to test it out"?

The internet wouldn't even exist!

5. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Obviously you have never been in a situation where you had hours available to drive but were to tired (sick, etc) that to continue driving would have been unsafe.

Just because some fancy computer program says you are legal to drive does not mean you are safe!!!

Likewise the reverse is also true, just because some automated computer says your time is up, does that mean you are too tired to safely drive???

If we all used a little more common sense, went to bed when we were tired, and we were paid for ALL OF OUR ON DUTY TIME, NOT JUST THE TIME WE ARE DRIVING, may e we wouldn't feel the need to break the rules and there would be less of a need for overzealous legislation and enforcement of the rules.

Just say'n!

6. Big_Perv93

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    hey U4EA I about fell over when I saw your profile pic. hahaha:biggrin_25523:

What???? I got to live up to my name.

U4EA Thanks this.
  7. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    if only common sense were common. For such a regulated industry there are no standards. Its that 10 maybe 20 percent that ruin it for everyone else.

Oh and id like to test my ideas, but turns out I wouldn't know where to start. And the part where I don't want to get fired, plus it would look bad for a guy in safety to be looking for ways to cheat the elogs.

U4EA Thanks this.
  8. Big_Perv93

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    I don't think it would look bad for a guy in safety to be looking for a way to cheat the e-logs, I would assume you were thinking outside the box.

U4EA Thanks this.
  9. Big_Perv93

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    maybe a promotion would be in the near future?

U4EA Thanks this.
  10. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

bigperv, i was telling you your leash is short, but since you know it all, i was just giving the little advice i have

11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I was just driving home and thinking about how the data is gathered and stored. Got me thinking of other stuff related to that, seems like its doable.

I'm a part timer, not even going to really apply myself until my kids are older. For now I'll let my sugar momma take care of us.

U4EA and The Breeze Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.