Hornady Transportation. Birmingham Alabama.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Kibblesnbits, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Kibblesnbits

Kibblesnbits Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I'm done as far as he says. They told him they would have a truck Monday night or Tuesday morning. If they ain't got my truck by Monday I have to go back out with him for that day... I'm dreading that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kibblesnbits

Feb 21, 2012
    I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm not the type of person that will try to get someone fired. But you are right! I need to tell someone. It's just he's one of hornady million miler person, and I talked to a mechanic here just now about it. He's known this guy for 10 years. He told me they wouldn't fire him, just put him out of training and back as a company driver.

4. Jakaby

Jakaby Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Grenada, Mississippi
    He might be a super-trucker when turned loose by himself, but if what you are saying is true, then he doesn't have any business being a trainer. I'm not saying to do anything because you want to see him fired or in trouble, I'm saying to act on it to prevent him from bullying the next trainee that comes his way.

This business already loses enough good folks because of people like you have described. It gives the industry a black eye.

Plus, I hate when people think by "praying to god" they can justify all their actions. God doesn't make everything ok, he gives you the good sense to choose not to do it in the first place

antoinefinch and Kibblesnbits Thank this.
  5. Peterbiltman

Peterbiltman Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2013
    TN
    You are exactly right on jakaby on all you you are saying,I feel bad for kibblesnbits,sounds to me like his trainer has got a real problem,he needs ( Help Mentally)

Kibblesnbits Thanks this.
  6. Kibblesnbits

Feb 21, 2012
    All I said is true. I have no reason to lie. For one, I ain't saying anything bad about the company. I'm still employed and just waiting on my truck. Hornady just needs to be more selective on their trainers. And your right. Both of you. I'm just hear telling people about the trainer. I have written a long professional letter on my laptop that I will be sure to give to the safety manager on Monday. My trainer is wanting me to call him tomorrow Sunday at 1. I believe I'm just gonna tell him I ain't going. I also called the safety manager and told him what has happened. He told me he doesn't want me to quit or anything like that. Told him I was gonna quit if you all don't do anything about this. He then told me he'd call me tomorrow Sunday. So I'll be sure to send him my letter of what happened.

Jakaby Thanks this.
  7. Peterbiltman

Peterbiltman Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2013
    TN
    I know one thing I would refuse to go out and train with him,it's just a matter of time before this guy gets someone killed on the rd.,someone gonna cut him off in traffic or something and he gonna lose like he did with you only he gonna lose control of the truck and take a innocent life,we dont need truckers like him on the rd.,he needs to be fired,I assume you are fairly new to trucking by your profile,( trucker 1year) If i could say anything that will help you in your future truck driving that would help you is to always be patient when driving,to many drivers now days get in a hurry,when you get in a hurry thats when you are going to eventually make a mistake,I do hope everything works out for you in your favor.

antoinefinch and Kibblesnbits Thank this.
  8. Kibblesnbits

Feb 21, 2012
    Yes I am new. Just one year. I wanted to do flatbed so that's why I'm in training. I ain't goin back out with him. You all have gave me some real good advice. Im very careful while driving. I take it very serious. Something will be done about this.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  9. Jakaby

Jakaby Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Sounds like you are being pro-active about it which is good. Part of learning how to be as safe as you can be is knowing when someone else is not, like your trainer. By doing something about it, you are helping yourself, every other trainee after you, and me. I might be in the hammer lane next to him when he's screaming at the next trainee.

Good luck to you. I hope it works out for you.

Kibblesnbits Thanks this.
  10. Kibblesnbits

Feb 21, 2012
    Thank you very much god bless!

11. speed12

speed12 Light Load Member

May 8, 2012
    scranton,pa
    I just read everything that was said, if your still there, congrats.

I just got off the phone with a recruiter from Hornady and this is what she told me.

1) Because I'm just starting flat bedding .39 cpm, $20.00 tarp pay

2) $500. 1st week of class room training

3) $550.00 for the 2nd and 3th week of training, for each week

4) The 2nd and 3th week of training is just at their home terminal learning securement for two weeks

5) You don't go out on the road with any trainers after that, they give you your own truck and go on your own at that time after the third week.

6) 1st week they put you up in a hotel, then the next two weeks you stay in the truck that you will be driving right on the property.

7) Can you tell me the trainers name, just in case

8) They are offering a $1,500. sign on bonus, but only for guys that have previous flat bedding

9) If you can offer any other type of assistance, then thank you

10) Are you, so far so good with them or not

Thanks for any help

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.