Hospitals can/do make you sicker

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by luvmyhubby, Jan 19, 2007.

1. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    S. aureus is the most common cause of hospital-acquired infections, and can cause inflammation of the heart, toxic-shock syndrome and meningitis.
    Methicillin-resistant Staph broke out in a British hospital in December and killed two patients with a new type of pneumonia called necrotizing pneumonia. This infection destroys lung tissue and also kills some of the immune system cells sent to battle it.
    “The pneumonia itself is very severe,” Bowden said. “There is massive inflammation and there is fluid in the lungs and there is damage to the tissue. It can progress very quickly and in 72 hours the patient can be in a severe condition, or it can even be lethal in 72 hours.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16691062/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    Getting hit by a bus is more common than this.

4. theroadagain3

theroadagain3 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Joplin, MO
    Since the medical industry makes more money off of sick people, I guess it makes u really want to build up ur immune system, so u won't even hav to deal w/ those sickos. Of course, most doctors and nurses r decent people. But since I don't really know who to trust, I put my trust in myself to do good things for my health.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.