Hot shot trailers

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by MrHarris504, Jan 5, 2015.

  1. Chezzy K

    Chezzy K Bobtail Member

    25
    11
    Aug 31, 2014
    0

    Thanks man! I'm sure you know how it can be dealing with the those crazy big rigs. "MrHarris is on the way so back off!" thanks man. Steve
     
    MrHarris504 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. stammingerr

    stammingerr Bobtail Member

    39
    5
    Aug 6, 2014
    0
    I do agree with Chezzy K. Even though the trailer is longer it can still only handle the weight of the lesser length trailers. But we do still get 40' foot length loads. In my case 70% of the time you will be fine with a 30' but the other 30% 35' plus is needed.
     
  4. FIRSTDEVILLE

    FIRSTDEVILLE Light Load Member

    91
    22
    Aug 5, 2014
    Matteson,Il
    0
    I use a 28ft with a 5ft dove tail & it's perfect. Most of the time not full,having a 40fter personal is to long. On the road I mostly see 40fters & I belevie for some driver they probably like the options
     
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    MrHarris504 and RamTruckerOhio Thank this.
  5. Chezzy K

    Chezzy K Bobtail Member

    25
    11
    Aug 31, 2014
    0
    Exactly. it really depends on what you are hauling. I like the shorter trailers too. see my thoughts in previous posts in this thread. all the best Steve
     
  6. FIRSTDEVILLE

    FIRSTDEVILLE Light Load Member

    91
    22
    Aug 5, 2014
    Matteson,Il
    0
    .

    & where was your videos when I first started? Lol great info by the way for guys getting started
     
    MrHarris504 Thanks this.
  7. Lite bug

    Lite bug Road Train Member

    1,308
    12,881
    May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    0
    Firstdeville, he has got some on YouTube
     
    RamTruckerOhio Thanks this.
  8. FIRSTDEVILLE

    FIRSTDEVILLE Light Load Member

    91
    22
    Aug 5, 2014
    Matteson,Il
    0
    Yeah those are the ones I watched. I started doing research about this business in the summer of 2014 & did ALOT of reading. It would have help if there where out then. Harris 504 take your time & do a lot of reading & you will be fine. I started out wanting to haul cars & then started reading about freight & liked it better. I like the fact of pulling up & strapping down & pulling of. With hauling cars it's not that simple.
     
    RamTruckerOhio Thanks this.
  9. MrHarris504

    MrHarris504 Bobtail Member

    35
    5
    Mar 13, 2014
    Marrero,La
    0
    Thanks!! Will do
     
  10. Mike in Ohio

    Mike in Ohio Bobtail Member

    19
    4
    Feb 18, 2015
    0
    Lite bug, I'm just getting started also. I'm located 30 min east of Columbus, do you get much local day work or more long haul?
     
  11. Lite bug

    Lite bug Road Train Member

    1,308
    12,881
    May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    0
    I have customer that has freight delivering in Ohio, and surrounding states, I call that local because I can come and go in a day. I call them my bread and butter, they are brokered loads. I have a direct shipper going long distance ( meat and potatoes run ) I feel this keeps me closer to better paying loads and the ability to get them, by working with fewer people and only looking on load board to get back home. What do you plan to haul?
     
    MrHarris504 and RamTruckerOhio Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted