Hotels with ACTUAL truck parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by All-American82, Jun 5, 2023.

1. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    OK, I'm wondering if there is an app orrrrr, something that reliably lists hotels/motels that have ACTUAL truck parking???
    As we all know, hotel "truck" parking (as listed on their websites) USUALLY means pickup trucks, not semi and trailer!
    I usually like to stay in a hotel over the weekend vs in my truck at a truck stop.
    Soooo, anyone know of anything (app/website/etc,) that's reliable?

bzinger, gentleroger and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    Use Google Maps satellite view to check out places in the area.

4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I use Trucker Path and also Google. You can usually tell if they have parking or not with the satellite view.

Siinman Thanks this.
  6. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    We use CLC at my company, you punch in the location you are looking for and it pops up a list of places in that area that take CLC as payment and have truck parking, but like all others have said, check Google maps every time because I'd have to say a third of the places that list they have truck parking are referring to U-Haul trucks, not tractor trailers. Overall the CLC app isn't bad but I do not know if you can download and just use the app or if you need to actually pay for an account, it's provided to me thru work and I need to sign in before it will show me anything.

I have heard good things about Hotels4Truckers.com but never used it.

Also, I go thru the same general routes often, so I'm always looking at places as I pass to see if I think I get in there or if I pass a place I see has trucks already parked in the lot I save it to favorites in the gets people lost so I can look at it later. If they can get in there, I figure I can too.

ducnut, D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  7. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Also, just as an FYI, in general it seems that Comfort Inn and Sleep Inn have the most hotels with truck accessibility compared to all the other chain brands.

If you're just blindly digging thru hotels in your area I would start with those two.

D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  8. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I hate how Truckers Path shows every hotel whether or not they have truck parking. If I just needed any hotel, I can just use Google Maps to find one.

I actually posted a review on the Google Play store for the Truckers Path app a few years ago saying they should create a pin for hotels with truck parking. If I knew they would do it for every hotel I would have never posted it.

TheLoadOut, bzinger and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You can sign up for a CLC account and it doesn't cost anything. When I signed up I just put my name in the "Company Name" space and I was sent a CLC card. Which I never used but it was nice to be able to find hotels using their resources.

ducnut, Suspect Zero and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Thanks. I never asked about all the inner workings of it when I hired on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.