Hours?!?!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mehsurewhynot, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Mehsurewhynot

Mehsurewhynot Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2021
    Apparently im in the wrong but 2 days ago had a run that put me home at 545am dispatched at. Fast forward 2 days later got dispatched at 945am. Haven't been dispatched before 4pm in 5 months how are you supposed to manage sleep? I was given barely 7 hours heads up? Neat Transportation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    So you had two days at home and then had to leave at 9:45? I don’t understand the problem.

4. Mehsurewhynot

Mehsurewhynot Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2021
    Clearly you didn't read.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Clearly your original post is not clear. Cuz I still have not been able to figure out what you are saying.

6. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Sigh.... good luck.

7. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    How long you been trucking? Ever worked an extra board? Talk about managing sleep.

Pamela1990, Speedy356, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You know I could answer your question as I used to run into it on a weekly basis, but I don't help people that are rude.
    Maybe next time instead of being rude you can either ignore the question if you think you were being clear (You're not, and I'm just reading between the lines based on my experience) or clarify yourself.

MOBee, skyviper73, Pamela1990 and 9 others Thank this.
  9. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Slow it down and explain because what you posted is chopped word salad

10. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    So, I think I understand. You got home at 05:45 for a reset, two days later you were asked to go back on duty around 09:45. Your complaint is that you didn't get enough rest, right? Or are you saying that 09:45 is too early in the morning for you? You did get a full 34, right? If so then it sounds like average trucking life to me...
    It could be worse. You'll probably just have to get used to it.

11. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I think what he is complaining about is, he got dispatched at 9:45 am.
    Normally he doesn't get his dispatch before 4 pm.

So, his 2nd complaint & question is, he didn't get enough sleep.... and, now how is he supposed to manage his sleep?
    I'm assuming, he stayed out too late with Suzie the night before, didn't get in bed until 2 am, because he normally don't get dispatched until at least 4pm, therefore his sleep time was interrupted/cut short.

It sounds more like a company &/or personal issue than a legal issue. So, I'm not sure what advice he is looking for. I mean, unless there is an agreement in your employment, its just another day at work.... maybe earlier than normal, but just another day at work. Your off time is yours to manage, not anyone else's. Situations can come up, adjustments have to be made. This is the trucking industry. Nothing runs smoothly in trucking.

Only advice I can give you is:
    A) discuss it with dispatch & see if there is a compromise or,
    B) tell'em to stick it, you'll be at work after 4 pm & roll over & go back to sleep or,
    C) tell'em to stick it... & go to work with another company.
    If B or C, come back here next week & review this thread for a replay.

Good luck.

skyviper73, Pamela1990, alds and 9 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.