House passes CC gun law loosening regulations

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Ffx95, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    The Constitution says nothing about elogs.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    ??????? Why would e logs be in the constitution ????????

4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I should've worded my question better...... I was more or less asking was that the jist of the bill....... Im aware of how government works.....

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The bill will cause states like Maryland (Which DOES NOT RECOGNIZE ANY CHL Licensing from ANY state... emphasis on any...) to allow any old Billybob to come in packing a weapon under a shirt. Which would be the lowest common denominator from several states that have very little to no standards to hold concealed carry. NYC Police has indicated earlier tonight that they will be UNABLE to BAN weapons on times square during the new years. They think there will be a goodly number packing that night.

You can only imagine the race to the bottom with this bill. I hold a CHL with Arkansas etc and if this becomes Law, Maryland from which I was raised will have no choice or argument other than to leave me and my weapon be while I visit family. I could get a non resident permit from Maryland, but if this becomes law... there is no point and thus the losses in revenue to the MSP. Any yahoo can get a certain state CHL out of state resident and boom, he can now go all 50 states under this new law.

Problems like that really creates a possibility also that violent people who hold a license will not be excluded from about a dozen to 30 states that specifically exclude them for their crimes for which they have been convicted of. This law will allow them to come in to those states and freely conceal carry. Theoratically there are states without any licensing at all and they permit concealed carry and if that's is the most basic, then all people in the USA will carry without a license. I don't know yet how that goes.

Arkansas has made a change this year towards enhanced CHL's meaning active shooter training vs the State Police. Our instructors will have no option but to ensure their students pass this training to successfully in markmanship and getting the coursework etc done right. If the instructor fails in this, there is no more instructor. That is a sticking point. Ive already been trained under the IDF, but that means nothing in our State Law that was signed this year, I have to play with our state police and go through the shoot and coursework to get that enhanced CHL. That will allow me to be inside a college for example with potentially thousands of other concealed carry students in the same facility. (That should be interesting.... terrorist can pretty much forget it trying to go after our churches, schools and universities now...)

On the house floor the democrats have been very vocal against this bill and they forget so easily that one of their democratic strongholds for the last 50 years from top to bottom, Baltimore is suffering from the usual high body count from those who are divorced from the law itself and will get a gun for 50 bucks and go shoot people who are not allowed to have a gun period. This new National Carry Law will allow me to carry into Baltimore and draw if someone does open fire on me. And the city cannot do anything about it.

So I think there will be a whole lot of guns moving around rather bigly so to speak once this is signed. HOWEVER... I have the strong opinion that it will not survive the senate Who has about 354 other bills passed by the house including the complete 2018 budget fully paid for sitting on the senate table where it has been rotting and not brought to a senate vote. It is this complete and total failure for the senate to get to work that will be a disaster for us. I am amazed that the Senate leadership has not done a #### thing all these years and it's shameful. They should be burnt at the stake so to speak...

tucker Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I have a problem with this thing if it becomes law prior to the Times Square New Years. Imagine all those radicals coming in with cheap guns posing as tourists. Once they scatter into all the boxes kept by the police they just start shooting the place up end to end. It will be a very big mess when a million want out now.

For that reason I hope this does not become law. It's badly written, even worse worded and without thought for such things like special events. (Arkansas does disallow carry into sporting events and similar) If something bad does happen after this is law on a scale exponentially greater than the Vegas shooting then the Government will probably move into confiscation or some other act.

7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    You've got a pretty wild imagination there.

Pedigreed Bulldog Thanks this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I hope it dies too.
    It needs to be difficult to get the permit, and it should be up to the States whether they want to recognize another states permit.

There was a reason our forefathers passed theses laws that required permits to carry, The people demanded they pass laws to make the streets safer, they passed those laws with the same 2nd Amendment we have today.

America is full of fools that don't realize that most people are stupid.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.