How about your flatdeck rate recently?mine is just $3

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by c.w, Jan 25, 2022.

1. c.w

c.w Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2021
    Let‘s do some Communication about flat deck O/O get paying from company

I’m running between Canada and the US,In the last two months,my average was around 3-3.1 dollars per mile. then the Company takes 15% Dispatching fee away,so the rest is abound $2.6 CAD,I have to pay for everything from it.Someone saying that a lot of load online is between 3.5 to 4 dollars per mile,But it never happened to me.How about you guys?We exchange some information will benefit each other. thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MSQUARED

MSQUARED Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Welcome to Canadian O/O life where if your leased onto a company's authority you can only go by what your company is telling you the load pays. Apparently it's an honor system.

Not to mention most shippers prefer to only deal with brokers now as it's less leg work for them, who in turn take there cut before passing on to trucking companies, who then again take there cut before leaving the truck whats left all while the trucks over head continues to climb.

When all is said and done unless the O/O has his own authority and is dealing directly with the shipper, the truck might get 50 percent of what shipper is paying to have said product shipped.

c.w, BigHossVolvo and skipgears Thank this.
  4. bumper Jack

bumper Jack Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2021
    Don’t pay attention to what you “hear” on the internet. I’m not in the flat/step market so I can’t say what rates are. What I can say because it’s the same across the industry. People lie, people inflate numbers and people only give half the story. So take everything with a grain of salt.

Don’t get discouraged with your deal until you know what you are hearing isn’t just trucker stories.

c.w and JonJon78 Thank this.
  5. MSQUARED

MSQUARED Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2021
    Telephone, telegraph or tell a trucker.....

bumper Jack Thanks this.
  6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Excellent post!!! So true!!!

bumper Jack Thanks this.
  7. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    Winter time even 2.60 a mile to the truck is still something to get through it. Winter is usually the "survival game". 15% is a bit high, yet, you are moving. The key word is "moving"!

PS: as for those, who says they make 5k a month more, it all depends on how many miles they run empty, how much weight, terrain, etc. just for example: I can get 5-6dpm on 200mi run, but have to go empty 200mi to get it and the place has no back haul, so... getting 3dpm on 500mi to the place, where there are good loads back. Every situation is different.

c.w Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.