How can I fight an "inattentive driving" citation in my case?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by CynDonn, Oct 8, 2018.

1. CynDonn

CynDonn Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    I did go back to take pictures that show the quick left curve. Maybe they will help.

2. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Get one today. Should have had one yesterday, but that is neither here or there.

Lawyer up, and get ready to fight. If anything your actions will get the State to dance on the Construction Boss's heads to fix the problems.

And get a pair of night glasses that filter blue light and generally yellow lenses. They will give you that margin of error between having a problem or seeing just enough to get through it.

I sometimes use my sunglasses in areas of extreme light pollution from all sources. It's that bright and really dangerous. I remember Maryland had a porta flood light stadium tower on a trailer mounted aiming 4 big ones dead against my lane. It was not welcome. But they did it on purpose during the reconstruction of the highway.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Lawyer......,google them in the area where you got a ticket.....

P.S. say there was a family of raccoons in the road and you tried to miss them.....

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    New account, 3 posts, and all in this thread. I read 12 words of the first post. Don't feed the trolls.

That is all.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    these officers seam to be very quick to write up a ticket for you i wonder how they'd feel for getting a ticket i mean seriously they can go around shooting whoever they please and get off for it yet will write you up for some bad road conditions and you happen to go off the road what is really happening to traffic enforcement.

bottomdumpin Thanks this.
  6. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    New member, first post. Don't feed the trolls.

buzzarddriver Thanks this.
  7. CynDonn

CynDonn Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2018
    I didn't force you to enter my thread. I agree the first post was better written than most. However, if you mistook it for fiction, then have a Coke and smile

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2018
    Reason for edit: Instigating
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Everyone has to have a first post....
    Anything else that makes to think that? Personally I don't see it as a troll, just someone that maybe lurked here and when something happened created an account.

9. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    This sort of thing happens a lot here - a hardly believable situation posted as the first post by a new member. Your only saving grace is that you actually stuck around to follow up. Can you blame me for being skeptical?

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  10. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I don't see what's so "hardly believable" about his situation. The highway departments and their contractors seem to put drivers in untenable situations in too many cases, and the cops are too often too fast on the draw in attributing blame when drivers fall victim to it; and this is especially true when the cop has the choice of blaming a driver or blaming his employer, which is the state or a county thereof.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.