How can I get a job through a call?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MisterGG, Feb 13, 2014.

1. MisterGG

MisterGG Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    Because I cannot speak well on English language. I seldom talk to people with English.
    Even I passed my written test in NYC on Dec 2012, after two months I also passed the road test.
    You know I read two manual books for my tests. I was very hard working. but I still cannot speak well.

I am a class A driver with clean record. And this is my working experience below.

4 months at a Frozen food distribute company. (driving and carrying food in GA to FL)
    5 months at a dry-food distribute company. (local deliver in NYC. sometimes deliver to Boston ,Philadelphia and Maryland.)

I ready need some advice from you guys. Thank you very much.

Well, Do you guys understand my English??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. another driver35

another driver35 Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2014
    yes you write English perfect. well to give you an idea. it looks like you are off to a bad start as a driver. 2 driving jobs in under a year. that's not good. the other part is. you have to fill out an application via the internet first. and then send it in. it normally takes 3 to 4 days for the application to be investigated. if you don't hear anything in 5 days. then call them to see what happened. either they have looked over the application and it's a no. or they haven't got it. the other part that is hurting you. is the lack over experience you have. many companies want a year or more in experience. another thing that maybe hurting you. is you may not have a hazmat endorsement. but as far as getting a job through a call. that's not possible. you have to be approved for orientation. and then you have to go to where they are having orientation for new hires. and then you have to pass the dot physical/drug screen, plus the road and backing test. plus the pre-trip test. and what ever other exams they have for drivers to take. that's how it goes. plus you need to consider where you are going to park a 74 foot machine.

MisterGG Thanks this.
  4. MisterGG

MisterGG Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    Very good information. thank you my friend. I will try the online application first. and then I will face my weakness.

5. 5190

5190 Bobtail Member

OP writes English better than the guy replying LOL..

Mods- Sorry, I frequent another forum Produced by God Like posters. If this post is frowned upon then let me know. Just poking fun.

MisterGG and Puppage Thank this.
  6. hardworkinman

hardworkinman Light Load Member

If my weakness was english I would build a top notch resume with a cover letter to mach it. It might be worth paying a professional to do this, the right intro can really set you apart from hundreds of other resumes transportation companies receive. That way when they call you they already think you are a qualified applicant. If u have a good driving record you might want to send a copy of your dmv printout with your resume to save them from having to call and ask for it. Maybe pick up a cb raidio and mess around and practice your English, practice makes perfect.

Good luck

MisterGG Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    For not speaking English very well,your writing skills are excellent..When you apply for a job the recruiter will call you and ask questions and hes going to wanna be able to understand everything you say.I would suggest having someone there on a 3 way phone conversation then your friend can translate to the recruiter.

MisterGG Thanks this.
  8. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    Im sorry, what is your point? You can drive safely. It's a language all it's own. Dialect don
    t matter.

hardworkinman and MisterGG Thank this.
  9. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Apply for Chicago local cartage. English is forbidden with those jobs.

misterG, w.h.o, Cman301 and 4 others Thank this.
  10. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

You cannot be any worse than some that call and talk like they are a supposed rapper or the ones that think they are texting and use abbreviations for everything or the noise in the background ( music ) makes it next to impossible to understand a word they say while they carryon another conversation with someone in the room they are in.

MisterGG and hardworkinman Thank this.
  11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    MisterGG post you a job advertisement in our "Seek Employment" forum.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/seek-employment/

Trippin', Drivin', Pickin' up a load, (rapper noises) I'm lookin for a job to drive down the road (rapper noises) ... :biggrin_2559:

FLATBED and MisterGG Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted