How can I legally and safely block the sun while driving

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ThisisMeUsee, May 19, 2018.

1. ThisisMeUsee

ThisisMeUsee Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2018
    So I don't know if any of you have seen that viral picture of that old man where the side of his face is all old and wrinkly after driving for so many years, this is because of the sun. How would I go about so I don't end up looking like that if I make a career in trucking?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    When you can drive for that long then something like that won't even bother you. ;)

Lav-25 and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  4. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    Hat, sunscreen, visor, long sleeves... Best way to avoid this is to be a vampire trucker as much as possible.

5. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Never have saw a person in real life that had a face like that from trucking. But anythings possible. I have been trucking since age 18 and will be 62 on Wednesday. My face is the same on both sides. But it's a face only my mother could love..guess my wife loves it too. My left arm does have some spots on it though.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I used a spring loaded shade I bought at Walmart. Can see the mirrors just fine through it. I put it up when crossing scales in case some DOT officer was on duty that was trying to be a hero and save the world.
    I had eye surgery on my left eye and a section of retina replaced due to sun damage and had dozens of pre-cancerous brown spots cut off my face from sun damage. Luckily, no scars from all that. The doctor said all that damage was started before I started using the sun shade.

rda2580 Thanks this.
  7. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
  8. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    And and and... get yourself a decent pair of polarizing sunglasses (I wear corrective lenses, so I got a pair of wear over polarizing sunglasses at ShopKo for $20).

If you're driving into a sunrise or sunset, or worse with a wet roadway, well you still have a job to do, and you can't drive if you can't see.

Lav-25 and tinytim Thank this.
  9. Fallen One

Fallen One Bobtail Member

May 6, 2018
    Some state doesn't allow aftermarket tint to be installed

10. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    My pete is dark inside. Drop visor does wonders. Tint the side windows

11. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    This has to be a joke I'm not getting. First step, don't age. Second step, avoid stress. Third step don't be a truck driver because it's stressful. Fourth stage, have great genetics where you age gracefully. Fifth stage, don't care about your looks. Sixth step, make sure to exercise and get proper sunlight. Seventh stage make sure to eat right to whatever current diet guru gets the brightest stage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.