how come there are so many fleet bankruptcies?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by RussianBearTruckeR, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Deregulation in 1980 started the race to the bottom. Before that, companies used to have the same rate. After 1980, companiese began lowering their shipping rates to acquire volume while simultaneously greatly lowering pay to remain profitable.

The average truck driver before 1980 made equivalent to six figures. Not so much anymore.

Anytime you deregulate an industry, companies begin doing extremely harmful things to gain an edge over their competitors. See...Enron. The banking collapse of 2008. Etc.

So hooray capitalism, goodbye stability, and let's continue the race to the bottom of the toilet bowl.

3. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    You can only cut rates for so long and expect to survive..
    Hopefully some of these megas are next....

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
  5. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    There are only two things you could rely on God and change !
    Don’t get too comfortable and don’t get lazy because it will change ! I’ve always believed it’s a race to the top not the bottom attitude is the smallest thing you can change to make the biggest difference ! Of course this is only my opinion !

KB3MMX and bzinger Thank this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
  7. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Pretty easy. When the out going exceed the incoming you end up tits up

KB3MMX, bzinger, Dale thompson and 2 others Thank this.
  8. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    I think there are so many fleet bankruptcies for multiple reasons. #1 the big fleets don't want to pay their drivers anything and you get what you pay for so they have a lot more inexperienced drivers causing them major financial problems.
    #2 the freight market is tight and these big fleets are driving each other into the ground undercutting each other.
    #3 the shareholders and CEOs aren't getting to fly on corporate Jets as much as they think they should so they throw in the towel do a bankruptcy and start another business where they can actually make money?

I have the answers get some migrant farm workers and give them a two-day course and get their CDL throw them in trucks with pallet jacks and make them do absolutely everything for $0.33 a mile or what equals up to be about $7 an hour.
    Don't worry about that law about having speak and write English we all know that's not enforced too much have you been to California lately?

That's my guess but what the hell do I know?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    So, nearly 40 years after deregulation, you're blaming deregulation.
    Well, I'll say this much, if they were able to hang on for 40 years, my hats off to them.
    Stupid teamster bs.

10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    It's been an unstable, underpaid BLOODBATH since deregulation. And when I was at Schneider National, deregulation was FAR MORE a topic of conversation than now since I'm a Teamster. We all knew how greedy little piggy Donnie had destroyed that company for the drivers and enriched his family like a bunch of feeding TICKS. :)

KB3MMX and Coover Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.