How come we can't have KFC & PANDA at the TS's?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Dave_in_AZ, Jul 15, 2017.

1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Confessions: my cooler was on the fritz, I tried a super large cup of ice in a bag,I don't believe it h3lped any, my cooler burnt up shortly after I dumped the water and cleaned it. I did get a little over 2 years out of it, and I picked up a new one.it does keep what I put in it cool. 1.5 to 2 years is what I expect, I won't keep milk in it. the milk and cereal stays at home, I'll have a bowl or two when I'm there.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    The Coleman coolers had a shelf life of 6-12 months in my truck. I need a fridge tho. It is criteria for picking my next company, unless everything else is yowza.

diesel drinker, Dave_in_AZ and dca Thank this.
  4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    20170720_212114.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    We had Panda tonight since I'm home lol.

I hate the little truck fridges. One like they have in a motel room would be ok. But I don't like the constant power draw either.

I can deal with the ice. My cooler always kept milk. I bet it will still work too lol.

I like my truck starting. Even with the APU, I don't want the constant drain on my batteries for $20 worth of groceries.

I love my truck. The TK APU & inverter are awesome. It's very comfortable in the most extreme heat with the APU on. I have to trick it out. I never cared for a microwave, but I may get one, just because I find myself sleeping at shippers & receivers far, far more than I use too, just because of the e-log.

I mean when I drove a mixer, there were times I'd eat chilly right out of the can. Some of the kids were going " Oh my God!!! That's hard core man!!!! " LMFAO

I think some custom cabinets would be the trick. I mean if your gonna spend a good deal of time in your rig, why not custom it for max comfort and production?

I've run across several guys at LS with older rigs, with window air conditioners customed into the cab, and 120V generators bolted to the back or cat walk.

Got to go outside the box, know what I mean?

Big Don and dca Thank this.
  6. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG] KFC at the Pilot on I-15 n. of Vegas. Several KFC's in Illinois with truck parking. 1 on east side of Knoxville on I-40, 5 or 6 truck spaces.

KFC buffets are all over the place, except in large cities. 1 black driver joked: "They don't have KFC all you can eat buffets in black areas .... cuz all the blacks will ....."

I won't complete the sentence since I'm not black and only a black can say what he said w/o being called a racist. :)

P.S.: If you're like me and like the soft skin of their original recipe, there's a way to duplicate the softness. I forget how, but it's on the internet.
    [​IMG]

I keep looking for McDonald's all you can eat buffets, haven't seen one yet. :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Dave_in_AZ and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  7. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Thank God for that!!! :fart:

:pottytrain5:

IndianaF150, Dave_in_AZ and Big Don Thank this.
  8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Um, what's the big rip with the chili right out of the can? I'd think in Phoenix all you'd have to do to heat it, is to sit it up on the dash, in the sun, for a bit.:D

9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I like cold soup out of the can with a tin of sardines and a fruit cup, but I usually eat at a bar

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Poor planning Don LOL. I eat tons of stuff out of the can. They had microwaves on sale at Wal Mart today for $30, so I bought one. My first truck amenity lol.

Big Don and tucker Thank this.
  11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I can count on one hand how many times of ordered a meal at Popeyes, I think KFC is cheaper.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.