How comfortable do you feel sleeping in your truck?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by 1278PA, Jan 9, 2017.

1. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I don't mean how comfortable is the bed I mean how comfortable/safe/relaxed? When you sleep or just taking down time do you relax and feel comfortable like you would at home? My point is can you really relax and feel like you are at home and throw on your pj's... or do you have to always keep in mind someone might bang on your door or something else might happen?

blairandgretchen and Ooops Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I was careful where I stopped for the night and if I got a bad feeling I moved to another spot. I felt quite comfortable in my truck. I locked my door and set my curtains where I could easily see who was knocking on my door if they did....few did. I locked my door and never opened my window more than a crack if someone knocked. I also slept with a hammer and a fixed blade knife by my bed. So, I felt quite safe.

Life in a truck is what you make it. Keep your head about you. Keep your mouth shut for the most part and you will be quite comfortable. It is not home, but not bad either!

Crusader66 and Everett Thank this.
  4. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    I pretty much forget that the outside world is there once I get out from behind the wheel. My biggest worry is getting hit. As for pj's... I sleep in the buff, cept for winter, then it's generally sweats.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  5. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah i will never sleep nude in a truck. God forbid an emergency happens where you have to jump out of the truck. Like sonny said in the godfather i don't want to come out of there with just my d8ck in my hand lol

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Pull all the curtains, set the temp to something comfortable and relax.

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    He also doesn't close the curtains.
    Hawt! ;)

8. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    Like I said in another post.-25 below outside. Let the truck idle all night. The purring of a 550 cat would put me to sleep. Best sleeps I've ever had.

Dino soar, TGUNKEL, Lepton1 and 5 others Thank this.
  9. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I cannot be comfortable if a reefer parks next to me, too much disruption of my sleep, but as they say in trucking, "You'll get used to it". I never did and never will. The solution is to idle your own truck and try to make the temperature suitable for some slumber.

I sleep in my underwear, even when it's really cold. I hope I never get hit in the middle of the night. If someone knocks on the door, I push open the sleeper vent and ask, "Yeah, what". I've been disturbed more in company terminals than at any truck stop.

10. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Close the curtains and shut out the world. I don't even open them if someone knocks and I know I am in legal truck parking.

RedRover and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.