How did I miss this? Can now use personal conveyance to leave a shipper loaded

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by crocky, Dec 2, 2018.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    If you are mid break, you can now use personal conveyance (off duty driving) to leave the shipper if you are mid break and need to move to parking.. I knew it could obviously be used after you were unloaded leaving a reciever but this is first I saw they changed it so you can now use it leaving a shipper while loaded..

Effective immediately, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has said it will allow drivers to use personal conveyance status to get to the nearest safe parking spot/rest location after hours are exhausted by a shipper/receiver, or off-duty periods are interrupted by law enforcement

FMCSA allows personal conveyance use from a shipper/receiver to a parking location

That solves a lot of issues caused by food warehouses....

rank and ExOTR Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I was doing this as soon as they opened up the PC use. LOL I guess now it's legal. :p

4. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Guidance does not mean legal.

5. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Well, ok... Let me clarify that "with the proper wording and explanation" I've been Using PC for moving when it would otherwise have been in violation of my logs. And be moving I mean exactly what the new mandate states. Kind of like using the Safe haven grey area rule to get me to somewhere safe.

... and yes I'm speaking in pretty broad terms, so please don't nit-pick my statement apart.

jinxutoo and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Just being factual.

The new guidance is not law, and LEO's do not have to take it into consideration.

Further any court case it will be useless.

Use it as you want. But folks better have a clear understanding guidance does nothing to protect the driver if found operating under PC loaded or unloaded.

larry2903 and gentleroger Thank this.
  7. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    Pretty soon it will be just like paper logs.

rank and Nukem Thank this.
  8. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Well... Myself and many others have stated that it's not the Elog that is the issue... it's the HOS rules that govern them. So maybe... just maybe... a little common sense if coming to the forefront of thought?

Who knows, but we'll see.

Northeasterner, RERM, Badmon and 5 others Thank this.
  9. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Does the DOT even check Elogs? I thought they just harassed us legal paper loggers and let the outlaw Eloggers to their devices. I pi$$ $800 away on a VDO Roadog for a driver and the POS DOT cop won’t even look at it. But he looks at my paper. What a effing joke this business is. Bought and Paid for by the ATA

10. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Not the officer in Ohio. I'm company and they dove pretty deep in my logs and asked me all kinds of questions, guessing to make sure I knew how to operate the log properly. But when I asked him his email and said that I would send him my logs, he said no and shut up about it and moved on. :p

But I tend to agree with you... The "outlaws paper runners" are still gonna get harassed no matter what.

BoostedTeg, Trucker61016 and rank Thank this.
  11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Paper logs ain’t the outlaws now it’s the Eloggers. There are so many rules they’re allowed to break I can’t keep them all straight

OLDSKOOLERnWV and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.