How do can you determine the value of a used expediter truck?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by spyboyyy, Jan 18, 2010.

1. spyboyyy

spyboyyy Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I am just about ready to purchase a business class expediter and have been shown several trucks, the best is an '07 Freightliner for the amount of 58,000.00. This seems to be alot for a vehicle with over 300,000 miles. I have yet to inspect it or any for that matter but I am wondering what would be a good first offer to begin negotiating. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dmag

dmag Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2009
    charlotte,nc
    Spyboyy I would say $58,000 is too much to pay for a 2007 model truck. If you go to truck paper.com and click on heavy-duty trucks and go down to expedite trucks.

You can find 2006 and 2007 trucks going for 20,000 to 35,000. When these trucks get 300,000 miles they start having engine problems, as far as checking out the truck it would be much just like buying a used car you would want to see an oil sample and with 07 model trucks you have to run the ultra low sulfur fuel if they did not run that fuel all the time then you could end up like a friend of mine who had to replace his injectors and fuel pump.

As far as the truck and sleeper the truck I drive now has the 43 inch sleeper I went from the 72 inch standup sleeper with microwave refrigerator TV I do miss my big sleeper. If you are going to be out for four or five weeks at a time like I am I would say go for the bigger sleeper.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.