How do I go about financing the truck?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by chris_karr, Dec 15, 2018.

1. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    And the authority? Or company you leased too? Same week?

Remember, we’re talking about 2 things here ;)

But I do applaud you ability to do that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    All sounds like easy money to me. Enjoy it while it’s available. I don’t care how much your Banker loves you, when Trucking slows down easy loans will too. Has nothing to do with the people at the Bank.Has everything to do with outlook for Tranports

SteerTire Thanks this.
  4. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018

I have my own authority and dont lease out to any company I am fully independent and have never been a company driver so I don't have any idea about any of that but you are right it is very rare for anyone to be able to do that most need to sit down with there bank or leasing company and see what they need and wait to be approved but I have planned ahead and have a set amount pre approved for a equipment line that rolls over every year i go out buy something and call my banker and then we do paperwork and makes it easier for me if I need equipment now I dont have to wait

SteerTire Thanks this.
  5. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Very true. And don’t think for one minute that I’m not watching the financials daily. It’s getting down right spooky. Nothing but negative news all around. But I’m in it knee deep now. Good or bad.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    When freight slows down then all those Noobs that tried to play trucker will go home... so abide your time, you will still be in high demand...

7. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Hahaha I thought as much. The own authority anyway. An established business man or woman needs the kind of relationship you have with your bank. If not, they can find themselves in trouble.

I’m company (25+ years) just making the move to O/O. And while I have an excellent relationship with my banker. It has never exceeded a request for more than $50k and I will be leasing to my current company.

No goals or ambitions of becoming rich or starting my own company. Just a simple goal of being able to coast into semi retirement with some dignity.

8. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I’m probably the most over prepared person you’ll meet this week. I have at least 6 months operating cost in the bank. Plus living expenses.

Even so, I’m still hoping it won’t be as bumpy as some people are predicting. Otherwise, it’s going to be really bad on the younger guys just starting families and such.

9. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I have to say $162k for a Truck is crazy. Not enough money out there to justify that amount. Don’t like to be discouraging, but in 4 yrs what’s it worth? How much have you made? A good used 4 yr old Truck for $50k or less, even with some emission related repairs costing 10k plus all normal maintenance would be more realistic.Better yet wait till late Jan early Feb at least and shop around. Otherwise you’d be better off financing through the Company if it will stay off your Credit report.Remember the only reason the megas can afford new Trucks is they buy 1000 units direct from factory for around 65% of retail or less

stillwurkin and SteerTire Thank this.
  10. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I priced a few 4 year old trucks before I decided to go new. $60-79k and no idea how well they were maintained. That’s a headache waiting to happen.

11. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I see a bad moon arizing

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.