How do I know if my DPF is full?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by PE_T, Sep 15, 2019.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Is there a particular check engine code or light? I have around 350k miles on my DPF. If I will be getting a light, how long would I have to get it cleaned/replaced?

This is on a 2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD15.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working2party

Working2party Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    You can plug into it with DDDL and it’ll give you a % full. I do know when they are full you will get a check engine light and a code on the dash. The newer dashes will tell you. Since Detroit has made their recent change to their website, their troubleshooting doesn’t come up in Google searches any longer. But you can still google it and just by reading the headings that the DPF have reach service life.

Either way I’ve not been around one that had the code active for more than 24 hrs. So I’m not sure how long it can go. Usually when the light comes active, the driver calls and we make arrangements for the next day. Sometimes not getting the truck to the shop till the next morning.

pushbroom and PE_T Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    If you have frequent regens, and the regen lasts only about 15 min, it's full

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Attached Files:

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Right. And, honestly, at those miles, you're about due.

bryan21384 and PE_T Thank this.
  7. Stevenmark

Stevenmark Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2019
    I belive theres an idiot lamp symbol that comes on looks like bacon frying on a rectangular pan.
    I imagine theres restriction sensors within the air intakes. Restricted filter will effect the engines performance good luck!

PE_T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.