How do my numbers look for car hauling? What am i missing or inaccurate on?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Atlanticus trucking, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Atlanticus trucking

Atlanticus trucking Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2018
    I ended up doing way less then 12k a month. More like 6k a month. But my expenses are lower then i thought. I was averaging about 2500 a week revenue doing ######## Copart stuff to the port to go to Africa. 2500 covers expenses with putting 1k towards the trailer monthly plus 1k away monthly for #### that breaks. I then switched away from port crap to dealership stuff and revenue went up significantly. I’m happy i learned on the Copart crap that can be beat up and was able to break even while gaining experience. This week we did 4600 working 5 days and driver home every night.

Kawinige01 and TUH|MATER Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanticus trucking

Jun 22, 2018

Wow my numbers were way off. These are my real expenses:

3200 driver. Pay 160 a day. 200 on saturdays
    2100 fuel
    950 insurance
    870 truck payment
    1000 trailer
    600 for Tolls. This varies like crazy. I’m in very populated area so depending on which direction i go determines this. Lately I’ve been staying away from Long Island and the GW.

Everyone who said everything will go wrong is completely right. Every thing has gone wrong but we work through it.

TUH|MATER, Lite bug and windsmith Thank this.
  4. SmoothHaulin

SmoothHaulin Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2017
    cars only go for $0.60 a mile trucks close to $1

5. Atlanticus trucking

Jun 22, 2018
    ive learned it depends on the distance and the route. i dont take any cars remotely close to 60 cents a mile. but im only going 80 miles or so.

6. SmoothHaulin

Jun 14, 2017
    Yes for sure, You stay busy only going 80 miles? We only offer tow away for trailers/ Boats right now. Looking at car haulers but wasn't seeing profit margin unless 5 car carrier. Buddy had a 2018 dodge 5500 and already having problems with 70k miles. Figured wear and tear ain't worth it.

7. Atlanticus trucking

Jun 22, 2018
    im in a real populated area next to multiple states. definitely staying busy but im on CD like a hawk waiting for the good loads that make sense. i mix 3 car loads about 80 miles with some short hauls. for the past few days though i hit the jackpot. $3.75 a mile with cars all coming from the same place and going out to two different locations. been doing 1100 minimum wednesday thursday friday saturday and today. lets see how long i can ride this wave for.

the only bad part is i can only hold 2 of them at a time. if i could do 3 id be crushing it

Lite bug Thanks this.
  8. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Stay in that niche after a while you won’t need CD

9. Atlanticus trucking

Jun 22, 2018
    thats exactly the plan. the dispatcher was added to payroll today.

10. SmoothHaulin

Jun 14, 2017
    Not bad, especially if your home every night or maybe other!

11. Atlanticus trucking

Jun 22, 2018
    i have a driver and he is home every night. hed rather be on the road and staying in hotels but it hasnt made sense for us.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.