How do we stop cars in truck parking?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Tb0n3, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Still not an excuse for almost every vehicle in the original picture. Not sure about the height of the uhaul, so giving him benefit of the doubt....

Trucker61016 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I'm not sure you can just check in at any old camp ground for the night like a truck stop. They're mostly tight spots you wouldn't want to try at night and the staff probably left at 5 anyway.

Trucker61016 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    I didn't say anything about actually doing it if access isn't right. I do see the conversation going like this:

RV person: WTF are you doing? You can't park here....
    CDL Holder: why not? I am out of hours and you guys take our limited parking ALL THE TIME when you have more options.... so STHU....

5. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Exactly..

We can’t use RV parks or campgrounds they can. I’m waiting for one of them to complain about my engine idling or reefer running.

You want quiet ? go to a campground...

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Had one those dimbos park next to me in a dirt lot behind a gas station one time. I was only truck there and rv parked right next to me after i fell asleep . well i started my day at 1am and had to take my ratchet binder off and grab another chain link so i could get more slack. Well long story short Retired ronny and his little old wife come runnin out their rv tellin me to "stop makin so much noise were trying to sleep!! "

"Thats great im on the clock and trying to work and u are disturbing me"

"Why dont u go somewhere else with all that noise!"

"Im perfectly legal parked right here, you decided to park next to me, whos fault is that?"

Next thing i heard was their engine start, up and off they went lol they didnt even do a pre trip!!:D:p

Me and camper people dont get along. They all think were out here on vacation having a ball. Think we can just park anywhere we want and do watever we want at anytime. Because they think their million dollar rv is what driving a truck is like.

7. rcelmo

rcelmo Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2015
    How do we stop the trucks that are parking in car spots?

I start pretty early and quite frequently when I stop at my local
    "Car Only Quicktrip" I have to work around the trucks that are pulled
    in. They do have a drive around the back but that is for delivery trucks.
    Bobtails aren't so bad but sometimes it is a 53' sleeper truck blocking
    pretty much the entire station. There is NO excuse......there are NO warehouses
    or manufacturing in this specific area......residential and stores only
    at this exit. There is a huge truck parking area not a mile down the road.

For the record I have never seen Professional Drivers parking there. It is
    usually those old/fenders torn off trucks with weird foreign names on the
    door.

D.Tibbitt and Tall Mike Thank this.
  8. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    You can come park next to me if you want, of course the trees aren't high enough and the spaces are 60' long, one pull thru but it would surprise me if most drivers could get a 53'r in here. But by all means you want to pay 40.00 a night go for it.

9. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014

I have driven by MANY RV parks with adequate access and clearance for my 75' truck as a pull through; but, guess what?.?.?.?......

I don't stop to attempt it out of respect for your peace and quiet...... All I request is that you not take a space from a working driver at a truck stop when all he needs for a few hours is a safe place to eat, sleep, shower, and go to the bathroom. And you have way more options available to you....

Is that too much to ask?

10. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington

No it's not to much to ask, I dont use travel plazas often and when I do it's an hour or so because with me running 2 trailers behind a Sterling i also am over 70'. There are more options yes but there's also alot that would include breaking it down to park it. I'm also normally off hours when there is more parking, when I move from 1 job to the next I run at night.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014

I am another person who actually prefers driving at night when possible. There is something to be said about pulling into a truck stop sometime between breakfast and lunch at the end of the drive day, not having to fight for or pay for parking because the lot is empty.... plus there aren't as many ID10Ts on the road..... I was saying the other day that I have a bigger problem with them during the day, than I do critters at night (have only made a few critter cakes myself).

D.Tibbitt and Cowboyrich Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.