How does COD work for Car Hauling if you have multiple drivers??

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by RoadKingbabe33, May 5, 2018.

1. RoadKingbabe33

RoadKingbabe33 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2018
    My company is trying to get into the car hauling industry. We have two drivers, how would we handle COD?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justcarhaulin

justcarhaulin Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I usually stop at the bank ( wells Fargo) and deposit the cod payments. I dont like carrying large amounts of money in the truck. Most big banks i.e bank of America or wells Fargo are located in shopping center so getting in with a truck is usually not very hard. Your drivers just need to have the account #. They will then send you a picture of the deposit slip.

RoadKingbabe33 Thanks this.
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Either they bring the $$$ back to the office, or it comes out of their check similar to a cash advance. That's how it has worked everywhere I've been that has pulled COD loads, but then it was all local work so it wasn't that difficult to get the money to the office. Most of the time, though, I'd call the company with the tonnage, they'd call the customer with the amount, and the customer would either give the company a cc# over the phone to make the payment, or the customer would hand me a check. Cash was rare.

5. justcarhaulin

justcarhaulin Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2015
    95% of my deliveries are cods. I run strictly coast to coast. My driver does the same thing. Some customers pay with a certified check or money orders while some prefer to pay cash do that they can tip for a speedy delivery. I had a dealer tell about a carhauler who accidentally dropped the payment check in the lot while walking back to his truck. The dealer called the driver but the driver would not pick up his phone thinking that the dealer found damage on the car he just dropped off. The dealer mailed the check to the carhauler but the check was returned coz the carhauler had moved. To make a long story short, the carhauler finally called the dealer one month later and was told that his check had fallen out of his pocket and was at the dealers office. I can't believe that it took one month for him to notice that he was missing payment on one of his cars.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.