How Does This Happen?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by motocross25, Feb 14, 2019.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    4A3FE45C-96C4-45BA-A663-3ACDF7058DD6.jpeg
    I’m sure there’s a number of things that COULD have happened, but as a non-car hauler I couldn’t help but wonder what they might be? I’m guessing it happened during the unloading process and wasn’t a securement issue, but again, I know nothing about hauling cars.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    In R instead of D if unloading and it can be easier than you think. If he was loading it and left in 4WD it could have pulled him off even with his foot on the brake. If loading and his foot slipped off the brake and on the gas is a possibility. While we all hope it doesn’t happen to us, it has almost or will almost happen to all of us no matter how safe we try to be. I had a Police Interceptor try to take me off the head rack once. I had my foot on the brakes but she kept on going almost to the point of no return.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    my mother used to say, when ever we'd be on a family drive as kids, " i wish one of those cars would fall off so we can have it"

many years later, i told her, "if a car fell off, you would NEVER WANT IT, as it goes straight to the junkyard, the way they are built now"

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I can only imagine what that woman with her hands on her hip is saying to that guy.
    I bet it began with WTF though...
    And for the record I think that tow truck they got there is going to be of little use to them.

BigBob410, motocross25 and brian991219 Thank this.
  6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Usually in a stock suspension vehicle like that (no wheelie bars, 4 link, etc) , you have to heat the tires up. Do a long burnout, then hit reverse. Gain enough momentum and throw it in Drive. The vehicle does a wheelie and you load it in that last spot up top if you’re scared to back it in.

7. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Good eye, that is a Vulcan 801 or 802, only has about 60 inches of boom extention, if it even has the extendable boom option, so max hook height will around 8 foot above the ground. Not enough height to rig it safely to hold while the carrier backs up.

motocross25 and Hulld Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.