How long will oilfield truck driver jobs last?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by 439530, Jun 28, 2013.

1. rik1664006

rik1664006 Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Just applied yesterday told me to call jack today but no answer the whole day you know any ropes? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    It was probably jake W. He'll be hard to get a hold of cause he's the operations manager and he's really busy. Just keep trying I guess. I would make a trip back up there during the day if its not to far of a drive. You've got a chance if getting hired on the spot if your lucky.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
  4. rik1664006

rik1664006 Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Yes that's correct Jake, and yea I figured he'd be busy, wil be making trip back Friday close to 2 hours but should be worth it, thanks for your time boss

5. Seattle206

Seattle206 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You have to get in first and learn to figure the jobs; or have previous experience. Cement or Frac department. Could easily figure the jobs in and how things work in a year.

6. LB.CAL

LB.CAL Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Long Beach, California
    Me99,you mention that pumpco isn't the highest pay. What is there starting rate of pay. Also I'm 51 years old but I am in great shape for my age Power lifting heavy squats, dead lifts, bench press, do you think they would take a chance on an old fart like me. Or would it be best that I look in water or vacuum truck.

7. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    With frac you will be better off if you look at yearly income than hourly pay. At Pumpco they used to pay 15-16 but you got bonus and week off pay and they had steady work so you would make over 90 per year. Other companies may pay 20 per hour but without bonus week off pay and inconsistent work you won't make as much. If your fracing and your out of town you should be able to make 80 your first year.
    Im really not sure if they would hire someone older but I know they used to. It's worth a shot.

439530 and LB.CAL Thank this.
  8. LB.CAL

LB.CAL Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Long Beach, California
    Yes it's worth a shot thanks for the information and stay safe .

9. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    There are currently 1768 drilling rigs in the USA . Each well takes about 30 days to drill. Figure there are at least 1000 new wells per month. That's a lot of trucks needed to get those wells into production! Those 1000 wells per month will produce roughly 1000 barrels per day of oil and water that needs hauled off. Some wells will produce that for 10 years!!!

i think we are safe in the oilfield for a minimum of 10 years

10. TaserTot

TaserTot Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    West/Central TX
    We have older guys working for us. One of them just brought home a very large paycheck from what he told me. He does vacuum and winch truck. He's 65. As long as you are able to walk, bend, and pick up hoses from the ground to shoulder height you should be okay. You will have to climb stairs sometimes too.

11. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd

yes there will be oil field cdl jobs until all the wells are no longer pumping oil probably grater than 50 years, but however there will be much less demand and a far fewer numbers of trucks needed, so what will the remaining jobs pay at that point. probably no more than any other truck driving job at that point.

now just as a example with oviously reduced numbers just for illistration purpouses

lets say there is 100 trucks and driver positions in the oilfeild right now. demand reduces to 75 trucks. 25 drivers and trucks are now sitting with no work. 10 of them go bankrupt or pack up and leave town now theres 15 trucks sitting demand reduces to 65 trucks, more trucks sitting more companys bankrupt or pack up. demand drops to 50 trucks ect ect now demand is at two trucks where do you sit in this trend. are you still going to be there and survive multiple company's packing up and heading out or going bankrupt sitting with no work for weeks and find yourself a seat in one of the last 2 remaining trucks.

a new well gets fracked hundrids of loads are brought in in a couple days time, after a well is established a load or two may be hauled out once a week.

TLeaHeart Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.