How many drivers do regular massage therapy and / or chiropractor?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MYSTYKRACER, Jan 8, 2020.

1. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    So I was never all that into it frankly but when I started working out heavy over the summer my wife talked me into getting regular massages. I go every other week for a 90 minute massage the includes a good bit of stretching as well. I can really tell the difference for at least the first few days afterwards and I've thought about actually making it a weekly thing.

With as much as I've heard older drivers talk about how much driving a truck physically beats you up over the long term I've wondered if people have found any benefit from regular massage or chiropractor treatment? I've never done chiropractor treatment but I have a couple of friends that swear by it being even better than regular massage. I'm thinking I might try to alternate massage > chiropractic every other week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I make a weekly visit to the joint chiropractic by my house.
    I messed up my back early in life working in a warehouse and riding dirt bikes, so one little mishap and I’m hurting

MYSTYKRACER Thanks this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I go every two-three weeks for a Thai massage. I do regular pull ups in my truck, so my upper body does not bother me, but legs muscles get very tight from the lack of movement.
    Those 100lb Thai girls are amazing, they basically walk on your body and stretch like crazy, results are great.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Wife knows how to apply the knots. Er eliminate a few. And vice versa.

I as a rule have never gone to a masseuse. There is just too much of a risk for deviant behavior in some of the dirtier places that are fronts for same (Hot Springs come to mind... a activity that continues to this day even when busted regularly)

To go to massuse is to park that thing, sit for a hour, pay a lot of money and so forth. Back to the salt mines for another 300 miles. Nah. Not to be difficult or anything, I know that if you find a professional who does a good job then it's really really good.

I actually developed a situation from trucking where major muscles quit working and require annual PT applied to them as well as very big heat with towels after for about 6 weeks until they are working again. Otherwise medicines take care of them. Since I do not do as much work these days yet, I don't have need of that any time soon.

6. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    How u do this?? I use the trailers with a cat walk

7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
  8. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Bahaha. FYI, you dont go to shady massage joints for a quality massage, you go to places like that to get your winkie touched. Here's your sign...

Go to a legit massage therapist and it makes a world of difference. A good chiropractor is even better.

MYSTYKRACER and dunchues Thank this.
  9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    booley and MYSTYKRACER Thank this.
  10. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Was pretty much thinking this! Like I said my wife was the one who suggested I start going when I kept complaining about the muscle soreness from working out so I knew it was on the up-n-up. She had a membership at Message Heights and the woman I was seeing there was actually a certified physical therapist just doing the massage thing on the side. Unfortunately the location we were going to closed this month b/c of slow business so we're going to have to find a new location. I'll also be looking for a good a chiropractor.

11. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I dated a massage therapist for a very short time before I met my current wife. #### could she work some magic with her hands. On the flip side, she was a redhead and an absolute nutjob.

As for a chiropractor, I go randomly to a place called The Joint Chiropractic. Its a chain type place, but has locations all over. Its like $40 for a quick 10min adjustment, which works for me every few months. They push a membership thing, but if you dont want to go regularly, just pay the normal fee and you'll save $.

TripleSix is right, a flatbedder will use the rub rail to do pull-ups or to stretch. We have a driver who's 74 and never stops moving (former Marine) and that how he does his.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.