How much money does the British royal family earn?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  4. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Let's connect the dots.

Canadian taxes fund security apparatus around royals.

Top security personnel are no doubt from England who are abroad to perform their duties.

These top security personnel have chiefs in Scotland Yard to whom they answer.

A thin linkage of Canadian tax funds to England, I know, but a link nonetheless.

Not enough to convince you? Well, hold on to your palpitating poutine, I'll scrounge up some scraps.

5. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
  6. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    When you learn to read get back to me; money spent in Canada is not money sent to England.

Canada does not pay for security that travels with the Royals. Security costs are those that are incurred in-country. So, no, Canadian taxes do not fund security apparatus around royals outside of Canada.

By your logic, when the US is paying for security around and at the UN, that's really sending money to those countries.

MIT Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive always liked queen elizabeth, to me she is that 25 year old standing there right, we get the Monarchy suitated and see the UK going to war at this point.

Fast forward to a scene in Liverpool Station downtown London Inter City Rail (I just aged myself but bear with me) The Queen had senior citizen's discount while a rattling old Deltic dragged from a museum on one end and a QE Class engine known for it's dollar truck speeds hauling 4000 ton on the other end. People who were not familiar with the situation on the regular old commuter line flying QE's Flag of State thought oh well, we'll pop round and have a go with the queen's famous Scones recipe eh? The problem is sorted right quickly when hard people who has taken over her rail car and also the first class access area of the pathway connecting her rail car to he next one over and the very big anti material rifle covers the third pathway over all her

It's still way cheaper to take over a rusting commuter car string than it is to and try save a few pounds that way rather than call out the formal stiff necked Trappings of Pomp and State which is very good at burning upbound costs when Royally Called out asap.

If in the USA we needed to move POTUS by rail there is a particular siding that will have him in about 20 minutes And once clear of ought one marker his train for all intentes and purposes no longe eists fo And Congress has their own train which is already a flying dutchman doomed to failure. 15 minutes to do anything a hour to get to the house and waste another hour arguing who gets to sit near the snackbar car. It might served them right to be immoluated in the wreckage of a totally and uttterly aste of effort to botched them.

8. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I met QE in Saskatoon in 1959 and shook her hand when I was 4 1/2 years old, privilege of a lifetime.
    That's right up there with meeting Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull, Canadian royalty.

booley Thanks this.
  9. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    The article is all speculation and predictions, no actual cost.
    Even if there was a known cost, not projected or imagined, it's not a big deal in the big picture.
    Probably peanuts compared to the US monarchy's golf tab.

Found the link to the original article and the estimated cost per capita in US funds, has a bar graph and everything.

I'm okay with giving up $1.10 USD to help pay for the royals travel expenses and lodging, I suspect there's one or two more Canucks who might feel the same way.

[​IMG]

The True Cost of Having A Royal Family: Pricing Our Monarchy | Better Dwelling

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  10. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    If taxpayer money is being collected from each individual in each of the commonwealth countries to maintain the monarchy, then I don't see how that is NOT the equivalent of taxpayer money being sent to England.

I am an American living in Oregon. Let's say the government of Canada decides to buy me a house. Since the government of Canada would necessarily have to use tax dollars from its citizens to make this most magnanimous expenditure, would I not be receiving, however indirectly, taxpayer money from Canadian citizens?

Likewise, if I were to travel in Canada, requiring lodging and a security detail provided by the government of Canada, would I not be benefiting from use of Canadian tax dollars?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.