How much money does the British royal family earn?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    If you stare really hard, you can see the back of your own head.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  4. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Is this your explanation for how the Queen owns all land in Canada, yet receives none of Canada's tax revenue?
    :confused:

12 ga Thanks this.
  5. not4hire

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I could explain it in English, but you wouldn't understand.

But because I am such a swell guy, I'll give it one more try... just for you.

In this country, which is separate and distinct from that country, the head of state is the Queen... of Canada. Happens to be the same person, but no, we do not send tax monies to England. They have theirs, we have ours. They look after Buckingham Palace, etc. We look after Rideau Hall, etc. We don't spend money on their monarch, they don't spend money on ours. We don't send money to England for the day-to-day expenses or upkeep of the Royal family. That is England's obligation. We pay for the monarch in Canada, or their representatives (governor general, lieutenant generals). England doesn't contribute. Not a hard concept to understand, but you keep trying to make it so.

And, the post about property only tells part of the story. Typical Russian propaganda. Not surprising since the article is from the mouth of the Kremlin.

Before we discuss Canadian property rights, do you "own" any real property in the U.S.? What if you don't pay your property taxes? Seized and sold! What if they decide your property is where the next freeway or strip mall is going to be built? Seized under eminent domain! Want to build something? Most jurisdictions require you to get a permit to do so (no, I don't care that in some backwater part of a particular state you can put up a 40-story tower without a permit. In most settled areas you have to follow the laws). What happens if you die with no heirs and have not otherwise disposed of the property? It reverts to the state via escheat!

Escheat refers to the transfer of estate assets or property to the state if an individual dies intestate or without a will and legal heirs.

The concept of escheat maintains that property always has a recognized owner, which would be the state or government if no other claimants to ownership exist or are readily identified. All jurisdictions have their laws and regulations governing escheat and related matters.

- What Does Escheat Mean?

But wait, you thought you owned it forever and ever amen without obligation or condition (allodial title: independent of any superior landlord). Nope (exceptions noted). So, who ultimately "owns" the property? The state. Now substitute crown for state. There, that's how it works here.

Here, most property is "fee simple estate" which means I can buy, hold, develop, sell or grant my land as I wish (one of the material terms of a real estate contract is that the buyer will receive a clear and free title of the property), subject to government powers of taxation, compulsory purchase, police power, escheat, and possibly certain encumbrances or conditions in the deed. And no, I don't need permission from the Queen for any of it. No different than most of the U.S.

6. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    As it turns out, you did explain in English.

Unfortunately, your "explanation" has little to do with the transfer of tax revenue from one nation to another.

But fear not! Your efforts are not lost on me.

My issue is one of creditably. Not yours, but one of journalism, any government, Hollywood, Google, and the overt stupidity of the masses.

I simply choose not to blindly believe what I see, hear, and read these days.
    I used to. When I was in school. But not now. Even more so after learning the Earth is flat.

As you pointed out in your elaborate explanation, an American citizen doesn't truly own property since non payment of taxes will inevitably result in your land being seized and sold.

A government powerful enough to perform such a function will never have the best interest of its citizens at heart.

"Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Knowing this, we should begin to realize that not everything is as it seems.

This is how Canada's greatest band states our reality so succinctly in lyrical terms:

All the world's indeed a stage
    And we are merely players
    Performers and portrayers
    Each another's audience
    Outside the gilded cage

This is a big finger in our face telling us that we are lied to. And it goes on:

Living on a lighted stage
    Approaches the unreal
    For those who think and feel
    In touch with some reality
    Beyond the gilded cage

That we can be lied to so easily, and that we accept these lies makes us slaves.

Once awake, you'll never back to sleep.

not4hire Thanks this.
  7. not4hire

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Occam's razor.

You make suppositions and conjecture, but provide no substantive proof; nothing more than "what if...," expect others to prove negatives, etc.

I am as wide awake as anyone. Just because I don't see a conspiracy around every corner doesn't mean I'm not. Nor do I just accept and trust the government line. In fact, I'm generally pretty clear on how things work... to the point of usually understanding quite well about how things *really are* vs. how they are *supposed to be.*

The Matrix et al., are just movies.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Reason for edit: Period!
    Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  8. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Truth in movies.
    Lies on tv.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.