How much pay to stay on trainers truck?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Southtxhauler420, Dec 27, 2016.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    You are absolutely right we don't have a clue. Have fun. Let us know when you figure out how to get off the trainers truck

FullMetalJacket and dngrous_dime Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Southtxhauler420

Southtxhauler420 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2016
    I never said anyone didn't have a clue. You have it set in stone thst a newb like me can't possible make a lease work so your just trying to trash talk bc I have confidence i can ... Still havnt given me any real advice except to save 10000 dollars for setbacks.

Then when I say hey guys seriously. What else should I really be looking at to consider this y'all have nothing to say bc probably the biggest thing I can do is work on my mpg and where's fuel up which I already said... And getting my loads there early on time which prime gives me plenty of time to do and not to oversleep.

Now with all that I'm still saying hey any advice someone can give me I'm all ears

4. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Read what I said, there's your solid advice.

5. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    thanks. I've read several hours on those sibforums. Fuel saving is key to successful lease. My trainer said he made about 800 to 1500 before I got on before taxes.

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    15% of leases work . Hope it turns out well have at it

7. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    Still no advice.

8. dngrous_dime

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    What's your maintenance fund costs? Plates? Insurance? IFTA? What can and can't be deducted on taxes? 2290? What is your contingency plan if you get sick or injured? Catastrophic mechanical failure while under a load? Source of funding while truck is being repaired? THAT is what the nest egg is for, and it can go away very very quickly. Also, all the things you get used to having the company pay for? All on you now. Tolls, scales, missing load locks, oil, coolant, even down to the little things like wiper blades.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  9. dngrous_dime

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Sounds to me like his advice is to not do it until you have a good solid understanding of the industry, a strong business plan, a backup fund, and a better plan than leasing a truck from the same company that's dictating your income.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  10. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    obviously you didn't read this I tire thread. Maintence cost is pay as you go. With a brand new truck you talking 300 dollars every 50000 miles for the pm plus little oil lube coolant ECT here and thete... No big deal. You do have an emergency fund you can put a percentage of your settlement in for break down sick time or whatever. Usually about 2 percent which well over 100 dollars a week. Prime takes care of plates and tags... Of course yiur going to have to pay tolls part of the job.... You also have a tire fund which is 5 cents per mile. These brand new trucks are covered under warranty for catastrophic failure.

I already said I thought doing your taxes was the hardest part.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.