How much should we be paid???

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Marinegreen1775, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Marinegreen1775

Marinegreen1775 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I was talking to a recruiter buddy of mine and we got to talking about what we would look for in a company. It then turned to how much are we worth?

What do you all think???

What are you looking for in a company and how much do you think we are worth???:biggrin_2558:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Marinegreen1775,

I think I'll be the first one to bite on this. As to what I am looking for in a company, I think I have found it, sort of. The benefits are great. Paid hourly, paid overtime, paid vacation, paid sick days, company paid retirement, paid jury duty, paid funeral leave, 6 paid sick days per year,
    12 paid holidays, Mon - Fri work week, home every night (night) and free medical for the family ($5.00 co-pay).

While our pay is $23.64 per hour, I don't think that is enough compensation for the chemicals we deliver. Granted, it is a lot more than most drivers make and with better benefits as well. The problem that we see is there the are drivers who make more money for hauling less dangerous goods. Do we complain, well sometimes. After reading the posts on here, I am greatful for what I have. Belive me. Take a look for yourself. We will however continue to fight to better ourselves and our families. I suggest that all drivers do the same.

Drive safe

4. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Belive,

Sorry. I meant to say believe. I need to go to sleep.

Drive safe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.