How much wiggle room buying used from a dealer?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Nikosdad, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Nikosdad

Nikosdad Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Greer, SC
    VisionL I will deff do the CARFAx
    BBB thanks hadnt thought about researching the vin with manufacturing dealer for history.

How much does the DOT inspection run and how much for Dyno?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    I had RUSH truck center do my last annual on my W900L and it included a "B" service, 83-point inspection and the Inspection sticker. They repaired a leaky power steering seal on the gear box which would have been an OOS if DOT had caught it. For the full service, inspection and leak repair it came to $663 out the door. I could have saved a lot and done it myself, but it was easier to have them do the PM and DOT and the same time. If the power steering wasn't factored in, it would have cost about $350.

They last dyno I had done was at cummins in Portland, Oregon (swan island) in January. They ran the dyno, blowby, and dumped the ECM, giving me the report. Cost $350 out the door. They also gave me a free estimate on some oil leaks. Talk to Eileen. She will take great care of you. :yes2557:

Yeah, Bill's idea about the VIN is a great idea. I wish I had done it on a few previous purchases. Cummins can run your ESN and give you history, too.

Nikosdad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.