How often do you eat junk food while on the road?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Solo Soul, Jul 30, 2021.

1. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I have lost 15 lbs this past month..kind of switching between.keto and.low calorie/ fasting. Some days I only eat one meal in the evenings whatever I want for the most part even a little sweet. Some days I will eat a roller Weiner sausage in the morning...then a decent meal in the evening. It really mostly comes down to cutting out sweets and carbs for the most part..and one meal a day which is a little hard at times. The more carbs you eat the more food you crave.

Final Drive Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I reduced carbs by not having a second tuna sammich just because I had tuna left over and I think I have only had 2 sodas since last June. I'm down from around 200 to 164.

BTW, one of those was a gingerale to calm my stomach after pain pills when the nerve block wore off. They didn't work, so I stopped taking them.

God prefers Diesels and Deadwood Thank this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Answer to the question, "How often do you eat junk food while on the road?" is never.
    I am a female... haven't been trucking for a couple years now.... but when I was, my weight was 98 lbs... 5'04"... Had plenty of energy and never got sick.
    Got out of the truck and gained about 20 lbs because started eating more often... and exercising...
    I always cooked in the truck.... but didn't eat much cause I never stopped for a meal... starved a lot... But never ate junk food...
    Traveled to Brasil for several months lately and lost more than 10 lbs cause was walking 5 to 10 miles almost everyday...
    Back in the USA now and not walking... I think I may have gained one pound... 105 lbs now.
    BTW, I have been vegetarian (no meat of any kind, no eggs, no seafood), no processed food, no white sugar, etc since 1980.
    Some months ago stopped all dairy products and gluten because the exams showed intolerance... Will see if my next blood test shows any difference.
    Most important thing is to know your body.... in order to know what it needs, what is good and what is not.

Bean Jr. and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  5. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @Rocks
    Do you take nutritional supplements as calcium, magnesium, vitamins, etc.?

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

Rocks Thanks this.
  6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Yes. I do. Had very thorough blood tests checking levels of blood cells, hormones, metals, vitamins, minerals, lipids and other things. Also had a GI blood test looking for possible digestive issues and had a food test called 221 food panel test. That is for food intolerance.
    I take Calcium, vitamins and minerals according to my tests' results.
    And was told to have those tests once every year.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  7. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Despite of diet and exercise, gens also have a lot to do with one's health, body mass, conditions, disorders, etc... There are gens tests for that too... Which might help one to diagnosis their problem and plan how to treat it.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  8. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I don't necessarily avoid junk and fast food. But, I am somewhat mindful about the calories and nutrition. In example, I enjoy hamburgers, but, I get them with all the veggies, no cheese and no fries. Just a single patty burger with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, mayo and/or mustard (ketchup just doesn't belong on a hamburger IMHO). And, I repeat, NO FRIES. If I feel,the need to add a side, I'll get a side salad. Also quite partial to the salads you can get at Wendy's. I prefer the Apple Pecan without blue cheese crumbles.
    Anyway, weight control while trucking is an important issue. It's a sedimentary, for the most part, occupation with a plethora of unhealthy calorie rich food available and healthy, calorie sensible food is more difficult to obtain.
    Probably about every trucker has to pay attention to weight and health choices in general. Much more than those 'normal' jobs out there. Whatever someone finds to manage it that works for them is a good thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.