How to deal with people knocking on your truck in the middle of the night

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by freightwipper, Sep 25, 2015.

1. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Only time I had someone knocking on my door was the Wilmington dairy workers at 3am telling me they could get me in for my past 9pm appointment

One other time playing Leap Frog at some god awful dairy that you had to move in line every 30 minutes and I had fell asleep at 430 am after doing it all night

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Fity Dolla no Holler.

4. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    What do you get for $25?. Don't need to know what $50 buys as there is no way I am spending that much

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Thanks this.
  5. Bigtruckdrivah

Bigtruckdrivah Light Load Member

May 31, 2020
    The fkn crabs!

6. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Fortunately, there is a condiment for that:

[​IMG]

650cat425 and Redtwin Thank this.
  7. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    well, what you do is simply pull your shotgun out make sure it's not a woman just my standards and ask them what the hell you want. I find the pump shotgun most effective. Now I don't point it at them best make sure they aren't some cop while your at it or it will get ugly fast.

8. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Best thing to do is don't, drivers have lost their lives doing that.

9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Story time:

was at the Petro in Atlanta last summer, idling the truck, in the sleeper on the phone. Middle of the afternoon. Got a knock on the door. Come out of the sleeper. Some dude wants me to roll down the window. I motion him to go away. he is pissed but IDGAF. I watch him walk away. I go back to the sleeper. Suddenly, I hear yelling outside. Some Russian driver comes out of his truck in his underwear to confront the bum that knocked on my door. I hang up the phone, put my pants on, grab my gun and got out of the truck to see if I could help the Ruskie.

Bum is gone. Ruskie comes out of his truck and tells me that the bum reached into his truck and stole his wallet off the dash. Yes, Ruskie was sitting in the sleeper in his underwear with his windows down. Stupid, I know...but if a driver needs help, I will help that driver.

There are two ways out of the truck stop. I tell Ruskie to go to the truck gate and wait and I would go inside and notify security. Ruskie follows me into the truckstop. I get security's attention, Ruskie tells them what happened and they need a description of the perp. Ruskie cant remember what the guy looked like.

"5'10, 160 lbs, wearing a grey hoodie, blue dickies, black sneakers with no socks or shoestrings, approximately 60 years old."

Security combs the lot. Of course, they come up empty.

Anyway, if anyone comes and knocks on your door, get a pic. Or at least be able to remember physical traits. Don't hide in the sleeper. You want to get a good look at them.

10. Bigtruckdrivah

Bigtruckdrivah Light Load Member

May 31, 2020
    Picture or video would be a good idea.

11. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Good idea Bigtruckdrivah. For now on , I will be filming before they ever see me. Probably scare them away which is ok with me .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.