how to find freight agent jobs(WA)

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by kaynbeetrucking, Aug 31, 2017.

1. kaynbeetrucking

kaynbeetrucking Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Hi am looking for Freight Agent jobs in WA state, am a truck driver/instructor working on nights, need experience in the field and need to start from the bottom.I might be answering my self here but im quessing they are all called sales jobs not agents.What is the key name am searching for when i dig on the web?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    How open are you to relocating? Ideally you want to start at a do-it-all-yourself shop like TQL or one of the smaller TQL clones.

Not because TQL is such a great place to work, but because their freight broker role is a 360 degree role where you get experience with every part of the process.

kaynbeetrucking Thanks this.
  4. kaynbeetrucking

Aug 31, 2017
    thanks I will start researching TQL just to find out more, who knows i might find something i like. Thank you again!!

5. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Not TQL specifically. What you want is a freight brokerage role where you are doing sales AND covering trucks. The two together is where the money is. Let them separate you from the trucks and you'll never be able to go independent and will spend your whole career dependent on big logistics firms (which sucks). Let them separate you from the sales and you won't have a book of business to start out with or any idea if going out on your own is even a good idea.

Basically what I'm saying is that you want a job where you get to do everything rather than specializing in a narrow role. This rules out CH Robinson and Coyote if you're looking to go the independent agent route eventually.

kaynbeetrucking Thanks this.
  6. kaynbeetrucking

Aug 31, 2017
    yeah i was told if i want to go to start a Brokerage biz it would be a good idea to start small and learn the basics, i got a Small Biz Association appointment where i will talk about my legal structure and continuing a good bizz plan which is half way done before going forward, just lots off research and writing notes, i figure this was just another extra experience to have.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.