How to help fight CARB (CA Air Resources Board)?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Union76Gal, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Union76Gal

Union76Gal Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2019
    I'm a former CARB employee who is looking to get involved with associations or companies fighting CARB, the bogus regulations they pass, and their unfair targeting of truckers in California. I watched CARB victimize the trucking industry for a decade, and as a trucker's daughter, my stomach is still ill from what CARB has done to the hardworking men and women responsible for the transport of goods and services throughout our state. I know how to pull apart their "reports" and where all the holes are in their so-called "socially conscious" regulations. I know where their weak spots are. If you have any leads, please post them and I will surely follow up. Thank you for your time and assistance, and as my daddy used to say, keep on truckin'.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Always found it interesting that CARB can over-rule the EPA on certain things, since they (CARB) were created first.

Dino soar, Intothesunset and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    The problem is they are not an elected group. There are a bunch of tree huggers that were appointed to come up with these rules with no recourse on their actions.

Got to try and get around that .

5. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    When The CTA and Lawson won the suit against CARB, any loopholes we had all went out the window. CARB got the last laugh out of everything. That tells you we can’t fight and win over the government.

Funny thing, last week of I-15 southbound in Lake Elsinore, big CARB shakedown. I got pulled in. I’m good, no worries. But the inspector told me that if I had my DPF installed before 01/25/2014 and can prove it with my receipt, he said mailed it to CARB and I have until 2023. So when I ask someone who knows more about this, he said that is all gone. By 01/01/20, I’m done with my truck. He claims the inspector doesn’t know what’s going on. The CTA and Lawson suit threw everything out the window. Now to the “OP”, who is correct on this ?

I been doing my research more now cause the deadline is not to far off, as of now, I have to 2010 “my engine” by the end of the year. @Union76Gal , what’s your say on this ?

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You and others can deal with it inside California, this is an issue with your government and your politicians, but there is a serious constitutional issue when it applies to any truck that is registered in another state (foreign truck). The federal government is the only entity in the country that can regulate interstate commerce, California or Michigan (where I am from) can not demand special equipment to access the markets of the state from a foreign truck.

The OOIDA dropped the ball on this issue, they were told what needed to be done by many of use who want a fair and level playing field and in trying to make a court case out of it, they screwed up and now have done little about it as far as I can see. They needed to present this issue as a constitutional issue, the same with the ports which the feds are also supposed to control, not the states. AND they need to ask congress and the executive branch to get involved. I found it really a problem when ELDs and HOS was more important (as I was told by an OOIDA exec) than the fundamental issue of access that is the foundation of our business and industry.

As far as the EPA is concern, they too are out of control, we don't need the DPF and other emissions controls on the trucks, just the opposite - IF the lies of climate change are not lies (not making this political), then we need that soot to keep the UV rays from increasing the temps. AND on top of all of this, there really isn't any proof that we have the same issues as European cities have had with soot causing problems. Let the public transportation vehicles be regulated, trucks are not what the problem is in the cities.

7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Probably a little late on fighting CARB now. It was like 17 years ago it all started. The good news it only took 17 years to get the emissions system working pretty good today. I remember my 2011 emissions truck and all the money spent trying to fix it and they never could.

Remember when the head person at CARB had a fake degree from some online school. They said that was the guy that they based all the emissions levels on. Once the found out he was a scam. They did not care and just keep on going with the laws.

Bakerman and Intothesunset Thank this.
  8. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep, I remember that. But they got what they wanted so they went with the status quo.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.