How To Lower A Small Fleets Safety Rating

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by CrazyCoolRayRay, Sep 26, 2010.

1. slowpoke69

slowpoke69 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2010
    woodbury,nj
    I work for the #1 or#2 foodservice co. in the country, and in the process of getting my job back for an HOS violation,(they basically hung me out to dry by sending someone to pick me up who KNEW I was out of hours, but refused to take my tractor as instructed, so I was left with half a doz. options, all illegal or undoable, so I drove the 60 miles back to the barn. They pulled me in and suspended me pending investigation, fired me the next day, and did NOTHING to the other driver. I lost about 9 k on that. I know, and accept the fact that what I did was illegal, but it sure as h*** ain't right hanging a long time, loyal, productive employee out like that, and doing nothing to the other guy. SORRY I got sidetracked, the point was to be that it has to be a complete plan, as others said, you can't pick and choose. My co. takes excellent care of their equipment, I've never been put OOS in 11 yrs. w/ them. I actually look forward to the inspections, I'm hourly! Where they fall short is in routing, they typically route the truck at max hrs., leaving no time for ANY mishaps, which we all know happens, esp. in the N.E.. Everyone needs to be on the same page, incentives help, or at least recognition, some times people like to know they're appreciated. :biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flying Finn

Flying Finn Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Some great incentive programs mentioned. I should print it and send to to my boss. He has a few drivers that are always getting dinged for one thing or another. Maybe a bit more tough love and incentives would help?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.