How to ship a car…….

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by nikmirbre, Nov 9, 2014.

1. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Alright, pm me with all the info, (What type of vehicle, pick up and dropoff locatations, etc). and let me, Dorsey or LBZ help you, we're REAL transporters....

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    I put autos on my rig all the time as I was HHG driver, I used my wallboards most of the time, but some vehicles were a bit tricky, I'd call a roll back wrecker and for $65.00 they'd just back right up to my trailer, u could save a lot by doing that n hauling it yourself

4. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Like several people have suggested use a roll back wrecker. You back the car up his bed and then just transfer the car to your trailer. We do it all the time when we bring cars back from Alaska in our reefer trailers.

mcnabbtransport Thanks this.
  5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    PM sent sho-tyme……..

Well i normally don't run NY or the NE,,,,,,and I'm kinda doing something dedicated right now so its really not an option now…..

6. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    If you get a little creative, you can usually find an empty factory or warehouse that has an appropriate dock you can use on the sly.
    I did this one time when I was moving, had permission to load my car on my flatbed, and haul it to my new terminal 3 states away. I asked permission from the usual suspects with a usable ramp. Nobody would allow it.
    Later I looked around industrial parks and found an empty large warehouse with a ramp that would work.
    Had a friend drive my car to that area at 4am, backed in, loaded it up, chained it down, was gone in 5 minutes.

7. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Ha ha. It would probably arrive all banged up. Especially if it is that Jared character.

8. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Moving companies all have ramps. Either inside or outside their warehouse.

9. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I swear I posted something this morning…now I don't see it???

10. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    If you can get it yourself, just call a local towing company with a roll back to load it on your flatbed. You'll get it loaded up for under $100

11. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    The person who I bought it from has some connections and he is gonna meet with a rollback…….

Now can't I chain a car down???? Or do i need to buy 4 of the tire strap things…..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.