How to stay fit OTR?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Gatorgrl, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Only eat meals on holidays. Otherwise snack on grasses.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Omega7777

Omega7777 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2018
    meal replacement is your friend if you are on the go

RAW Organic Meal Shake & Meal Replacement | Garden of Life

buy 12 of them on ebay should get you 34 dollars each. and each one of them contains full 14 meals (two scoops a meal). pretty cheap and healthy. we usually drink that for breakfast and lunch. then try to cook or buy something fir dinner

snacks on fruits and stuff like baby carrots, baby cucumber, celery...give you all kind of natural energy for driving

BlueThunderr, Gatorgrl and Oldironfan Thank this.
  4. Gatorgrl

Gatorgrl Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2018
    SWFL
    Have to ask....what is a "roller dog of death"?

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  5. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    A hot Dog or sausage dog that has been on the roller grills since last week.....o_O

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  6. Gatorgrl

Gatorgrl Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2018
    SWFL

ewww...no worries...wouldn't feed that to my neighbors dog.

7. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Just don’t go otr is the simplest answer. I’m not willing to go otr because I’m not going to eat crap food and skip the gym.

Trucking isn’t a lifestyle to me. It’s just a job.

Even if you both did line haul it wouldn’t be a big deal because you’d both be on the same graveyard schedule.

8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    A Ghost pepper dog.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Lumping. That's how. Twice a day, once to load and once to unload. All 48000 pounds of it. That was pretty much my life for 10 years. If expressed in body weight versus calories consumed in lumping, I would be around 135 wet, tiny runt. But I was fit. I could go through 8000 calories in winter or unloading in cold storage in just shorts and tee no problem.

If I ate like that I would be obese at my current age as are some of my family. I came down from 270 back to about 180, working on 165 but it's a wall that probably will be reached sometime early next year. Eliminated much of the old diet as possible. Saving certain foods for high difficult days where I will burn the energy doing something. The goal for that is to reduce my mass by weight. Because the bones are osteoprosic and will eventually snap in say the spine when I cough too hard at some point in the future. Reducing the mass relieves the pressure on them and holds that off for a while longer.

Some days I don't do anything and can get away with just 800 calories total for a 24 hour time. When you are resting and not expensing power doing something physical you don't need much calorie intake. Just be careful to maintain your vitamins such as Vit D, B and C. Without those your body will absolutely begin to mine your bones to maintain the necessary calcium in the blood for example. No vit D no calcium. But it will do it anyway. Because if your blood dont have that level various other systems go out of whack making you potentially too sick to drive when it is time to work or drive. That's never good.

Gatorgrl Thanks this.
  10. IMG_20180923_131307.jpg

Roller dogs of death.

Any processed product In This device at a truck stop.

11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    More reps and less weight. ;)

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.