How walking into Mexico and getting my blood pressure medicine saved my butt

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by BaakenRoadRanger, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    If you guys ever near Laredo, Texas and need to supply with medicine. Cross the border and go to nuevo laredo, once you crossed check out farmacias benavidez, farmarcias calderon those are the main two I visit.

Whenever I need medicine all I pay is 50 pesos to get a prescription which the doctor is right next door to the pharmacy. as the OP stated you explain your symptoms to the Dr. Then he/she will give ya what you need. Another reason on why they need a prescription is the CBP has seen a increase of folks going to Mexico to bring medicine back.

while you in nuevo laredo just stay near the border and enjoy authentic real mexican tacos and sit a the small plaza they have.

As far as security we have cities here in the U.S. that are just as dangerous so keep your eyes open. Other than that
    It should be a easy trip.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    If everyone went to Canada or Nexico for their prescriptions the the pharmaceutical company’s would have no money to develop and manufacture medicine.

crankit2152 Thanks this.
  4. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Eh they be all right, besides puerto rico being a major place for pharmaceutical.im sure most U.S. pharmaceutical companies manufacture their drugs outside the U.S. and sell their medicine here at a high cost. I figure we should have an option to purchase medicine at affordable price.

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    They sell it high here because we can afford it, and it subsidizes those poor as dirt countries that still need healthcare.

6. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    My mom works for a dentist and some of the prices are just flat out robbery

Immediate family is 30% off so I take advantage of it

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  7. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Buying meds in Mexico can be iffy. Some of the border towns sell generics that are not legit. Or the drugs come from India. There is a chain of Generics called Farmacia Similares. They are a great Mexican company. Low priced generics. Even vitamins. Mondays everything in the store is 25% off. Even toothhpaste. Remember you cannot buy restricted drugs. No opiodes. Antibiotics do require a prescription due the the overuse in Mexico. A quick doc visit for the script is usually 50 pesos. While you are there some liquors are very cheap!!

8. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Night out in boys town can help lower your bp. I sure feel relaxed when i cross back over.

9. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Costco sells a 90 day supply for $14. CVS and WalMart are just a few dollars more. Granted, you need a prescription, but they can call the VA, or your Dr and get one faxed over.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.