Hows texas oilfield for women drivers?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Hottiecrudehauler, May 20, 2017.

1. Hottiecrudehauler

Hottiecrudehauler Bobtail Member

May 20, 2017
    I hauled crude in n.d am now looking into Texas, I've heard stories some companies won't hire women in areas close to border anyone give me the latest?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    We have lady drivers gathering crude at one of our Permian Basin teminals. Not sure who's doing what down in the EFS, though.

4. Hottiecrudehauler

May 20, 2017
    Thanks.I will look into it..

5. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    I hauled crude out of Hobbs, New Mexico for five years. Used to be SemCrude and then became BlueKnight Energy Partners. Great folks!
    That was six years ago. Things may have changed.

6. Jran11

Jran11 Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Mccamey, TX
    Can't see you having an issue, we had 3 women running when I was with Indeca out if midland TX, one was husband wife team, and two other ladies had no issues that I'm aware of.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Wife and I were down along the border if not into mexico proper now and then without issue. But we did things somewhat differently down there protecting the spouse by keeping her in the cab at all times. I was the one who would deal with the loading etc. Nogales comes to mind. It has changed since my time down there and not for the better.

Mexicans have a certain machoism that goes with being what they are and women to them are all fair game. However once they understood that spouse was married to me there was no interfering with her. OR they will have to answer to me. Does that make sense?

The internet will generate many kinds of opinions, information, facts, stories etc to your rather interesting question. You stated that you come out of the Dakotas and I would assume or presume that you already have had a taste of what behavior is common in the oil fields and you should not have too much trouble down there in Texas. It's actually pretty nice in many areas. We considered ourselves relatively lucky.

But Nogales was something I or we will never have to deal with ever again in this life time and that is fine with us.

RockinChair and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Hottiecrudehauler

May 20, 2017
    I've been around trucks my whole life.oilfield is a different kind of animal.I was in n.d when boom started up until its end.it was a man to women ratio of 1 woman to 100 men.needless to say it was like a steak hanging in the lions den.however it wasn't the guys I worked with it was others..I understand keeping your wife in the truck but Im a driver me and only ne so that's not an option..I was followed for miles one time 2 am by a truck filled with men.when they realized I wasn't the only truck in the middle of no where they left.just wanna make money do what I love and stay safe in mean time..thanks for info..

Al. Roper Thanks this.
  9. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Blue Knight quit the Hobbs market about 2 years ago.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I worked in carrizo springs doing a water truck.
    We went from there all the way to Laredo.
    We had wells right by the border.
    Lot of illegals coming across.

Everybody started on nights and got to the day shift
    As drivers dropped off.
    Except for the women. They where only allowed
    To work the day shift.
    They weren't taking the chance of sending them
    Out in the jungle at 1am by themselves.

11. Hottiecrudehauler

May 20, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.